5.4 - Balance - Soft

Lucy's POV

I wake up the next day to the scent of chocolate coming from the kitchen, I quickly get out of bed, put on my robe as a feel a light breeze, and follow the mouthwatering smell. I walk into the kitchen finding Niall standing there watching over a pan. I walk up to him and wrap my arms around him from behind. He turns his head and his shoulders slightly without moving too much, he kisses my forehead lovingly before saying, 'Good morning Darling.' then goes back to what he was doing.

''Morning baby!' I beam then kiss his bare shoulder since it's in front of me and I don't want to distract him too much. 'What are you doing?'

'Chocolate sauce to pour over the waffles I made. What do you want to drink? Coffee? Tea? Hot chocolate? There's orange juice in the fridge.'

'I think I'll go with the juice. Thank you. You didn't have to do all this!'

'I kinda did. After the night you had? I wanted to cheer you up with some waffles!'

'Thank you! It really means a lot to me. Honestly, the second best thing to wake up to is this chocolaty smell.'

'And what's the first?' He asks playfully.

'You of course.' I smile at him and he leaves a quick kiss on my lips.

He stays silent, finishing his work. He hands me a plate beautifully crafted, waffles covered in chocolate, there's even a strawberry cut in 4 in the corner and a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.

'I hope it tastes as good as it looks!' I chuckle but still not getting any reaction from him. So I ask, 'Okay, what's wrong?'

'I was just thinking. Maybe we should move in together for a little while. At least till you get better...'

'Get better? It's not like I have the flu... I'm fine Niall! Let's not get carried away!'

'What if I leave and you spend the night alone and then something bad happens. And I won't be there to do anything. What if... What if you need me...'

'I'll call you or text you! You're only a short drive away.'

'What if you can't reach the phone? What if I'm not reachable? What if something bad happens to you and I can't get there in time?' He chokes up.

'Niall... baby... I'm sorry about what happened yesterday. I promise I'll never hurt myself. I don't want to do it anymore. You don't have to worry about me!'

'But... what if...'

'Niall! Everything is okay!' 

I stand up from my seat on the kitchen island and walk around it to reach him. I put my hands on his cheeks, look straight into his eyes.

'I'm here. I'm okay. I'm not going anywhere. Do you understand that?'

He nods silently.

'You said you trust me right?' I ask.

'Of course, I do!'

'Well then, trust me when I tell you. I'm okay!'

'You'll never hide anything you're feeling or thinking?' He asks pouting.

'We've been through this yesterday! I promised you I'll tell you everything!'

'I just...' He pulls me into a tight hug, wrapping his arm around my back, 'I really don't want to lose you. I can't lose you. I can't. I don't want to. I can't.' He cries.