#9 The Headquarters

He skidded the car in front of a huge ,all glass building.
I stepped out of car and mesmerized the beauty of the administration.We were in Seattle.
I read the bold letters in white ceramics hung over my head.
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION.
I wondered what could be the possible connection of mine with this world.
"Follow me" officer said and he walked forward.
It was a turn -around window door.
It felt all new to me.
Numerous turnstile gate were lined up where other agents were pinning their ID card on sensor.
Officer booth pinned his card on sensor and walked in,
I was asked to go from other side.
Few agents smiled at me, while some greeted me with"good to see you".
The whole pavement was black marble,it felt like lobby of a five star hotel.
We entered an elevator where a woman in uniform asked me about my well being and progress in my case.
"It's true,she's not faking it" officer replied in my behalf.
I felt so dependent on that time but I felt it would be better if I keep my mouth shut and go with flow.
We reached the 14 th floor and set our foot into an enormous hall which had many black leather sofas ,
A heavily decorated  coffee table and few long shrubs or plants whose name I didn't know.
We were not alone in that hall.
An African man ,who was technically bald and had a big belly was waiting for us .
He seemed someone from higher authority.
"Welcome back agent menace,its good to see that you are safe and sound"he said,he had a rough voice.
I didn't say anything because there's no way he would be speaking to me.
"He's speaking to you" agent ryan whispered into my ear.
"Oh,um,sir,..I....how do I explain,I...you know amnesia..." I was stammering and it was hard to form any sentence.
Officer ryan overtook me and showed the other officer certain files.
They both had an in distinct conversation which I couldn't hear.
The bald officer advanced towards me and said"I always thought this happens in movies or novel,I can't believe it really happened to you"

"I guess,we will have to give you a psychiatric leave and take you off this case,but you didn't let anyone involve in this,how will this case go on now"he continued,it was like he was talking to himself rather than me.
Before I could reply I heard tapping of heels from behind.
I turned around and I saw her,
It was that tall ,blonde girl from my dream in white jacket and white knee length skirt.
Her dark red lipstick made her look like a hollywood actress.
"She will continue the case, I will help her, we can't unhook her like this, I have all the leads and previous work of her officially recorded in my cell" she interrupted the silence.
"Agent Wyatt, I thought you were on leave," the higher authority said.
"I was but not anymore, F. B. I can't leave her stranded when we are the only family left to her,
Sir, I want you to remember the day she signed up for the case, the ambition on her face, we can't take this case from her" she replied in a confident manner.
"Don't be crazy,Jes, she has lost her memory, she doesn't even remember her real name, I m sure she's in shock knowing that she's an agent in F.B.I" agent booth interjected.
"She hasn't forgotten everything, it's still in the back of her mind, we just need to hammer it"agent Wyatt coldly replied.
I felt like my whole life has been twisted...are these people retarded,don't they feel the need to explain me anything.
"I think she needs rest and a therapist and not to again start this mission, I don't think she can even continue her job anyway" agent booth tried to convince everyone in the room.
"What rubbish!!! it's our duty to help our fellow agents when they need us, we can't turn our backs" she emphasized.
"Enough of your debate!!", the bald deputy officer roared.
He took a deep breath.
"Agent menace, I m sorry,Valarie,ahhh, what was her other name to which she responds..uh..yeah...Meghan.. have a seat" he said irritatedly.

I sat down, I had to sit down anyway because my mind was spiralling into thoughts. can I be an agent??

"Take a nice deep breath, I will ask you few questions, I need to check whether you remember anything about your training," he said calmly.
I looked into his dark eyes and nodded.

"What's the motto of Federal bureau of investigation?"
"Fidelity.Bravery.integrity" I replied.
These words came out of my mouth suddenly.
I couldn't believe I said that.
Everyone in the room smiled.
"When you joined this organization, you took an oath, which you are supposed to remember until you serve here, can you recite it?"
I gulped down the saliva.

"I, special agent Valarie Menance do solemnly swear  that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;
that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;
that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion;
and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."I recited it like a poem.

My tongue was no more in my control.
I saw everyone shaking their head in disbelief. I couldn't understand whether they were happy or sad.