47 | Memories

Remember to comment & vote, my islaanders!!!

ALYSSA

I DID NOT want to believe anything my brother was telling me, but I know he was telling the truth. My brother would never say anything that's not true. He is a very honest person...even if it hurts you.

My mind was hurting. It really sucks that I can't remember everything. I really hate that my brain hurts every time I try to think hard on remembering things.

No one really liked talking to me about the past...on how I got into that accident in the first place.

Although I can't remember everything, I feel that something is off. Like how, my own house has no pictures of me. And when I entered Claire's room that one time to get some files, then I found a huge box with my picture frames inside. The roses in my bedroom. I don't like red roses. I'm more of a white rose person. I remember having tons of expensive jewellery and clothes, but I have a few now.

At work, I was so exhausted. Like how did the company loose millions!? Why is it going bankrupt? What's going on?

But now, as I stand here with Bryce in front of me. I think I'm catching on. I may not remember everything because my mind is a mess, but I know when Bryce is lying. He keeps licking his lips.

My heart stopped beating for a second the moment Bryce suddenly shoved me forward in front of Nico's gun. I put my hands on my head when my head starts hurting. The gun...

This....

It...

Feels....

So familiar...

Like I've been in this situation before!

My mind was overflowing with memories from the past. Its all coming back to me and its making my mind hurt so bad so I kept staring at the floor.

I remember everything now- from when Maria moved in with us. Bryce and Maria used to hate each other. I would wake up sometimes in the middle of the night to Bryce's side of the bed empty.

Fast forward to when...

I caught him cheating on me with Maria!

Then I ran out and was on my way to Nico's place when someone was after me, shooting at me that led to me getting into a car accident.

Before that gunmen could end my life, a handsome stranger showed up and saved me. He looked very familiar.

Thats when I fell into the darkness.

I also remember someone talking to me while I was asleep- then gunshots...

Then...

Me jumping in front of the gun to save Bryce.

I close my eyes as all my memories flood in. Nico came up, pulling me in for a hug.

I was hurt.

Betrayed.

Sad.

And...

Heartbroken.

The one whom I loved so much had hurt me so much and I didn't know about it. I had to find out this way and I'm not happy about.

"DON'T," I stopped Bryce when he tried to approach me.

I'm done with all of this. I don't want to see him ever again.

"I remember everything now, " I said quietly, looking down at the floor. "You not only cheated on me once, but now...TWICE!"

I turn to Maria who stood there, acting innocent. I'm not falling for that act. "You. I trusted you. I trusted the both of you!"

Bryce tried to explain himself, but I didn't let him. There's no need to explain. 

"Maria, you were my friend. Never thought you would stab me in the back like that," I told her, my eyes dropping to her baby bump. "And the baby...you guys slept together."

"Alyssa, I'm sorry." Maria spoke up, looking down as I stared at her coldly.

"Are you really?" I said, not believing any of her shit.

"I'm sorry, please...baby forgive me." Bryce apologize, trying to touch me.

"Get away from me," I hiss at him. "Don't ever put your filthy hands on me ever again. "

He drops to the floor on his knees, saying, "Please I love you."

This makes Nico laugh in the back. We both know this is some bullshit.

"No, you don't. You love Maria Abernathy. She's your Ruby," I said, thinking about it,"She's the girl from when you were little."

He nods slowly, "Yes, but I love you."

I just chuckle. Nonsense. "No, you don't love me. You only need me."

I walk around him, smiling as I said to him, "I told you before that I would do anything to make you happy. Now, that you've found Ruby. I'll let you be happy together. "

Bryce sighs to himself. "I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything because it won't change anything. Now, get out of my house and be expecting a divorce soon." I inform Bryce who stood up, a defeated look on his face, "Brother, you can take it from here."

I give them a smile before walking away from them, letting my brother do what he does best....punish people.