Part 30

In the morning, arnav was the first to wake up. Khushi was cuddling his arms and sleeping. Arnav found her really cute. He slowly caressed her cheeks, her hair. He couldn't control his emotions, after all that happened he couldn't believe that khushi would be in his arms. Though he didn't admit, but the fear of losing her was always there. Feeling her presence so close to him brought tears to his eyes. His thought how he had given her pain but still she cared about him. Even now, though subconsciously she was so close to him. Overpowered by such emotions arnav kept one hand on her cheek and tears came out from his eyes. One such tear drop fell on khushi's eyelashes. Feeling the wetness of her eyes, khushi opened her eyes. Arnav was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't realize that khushi had woken up. As soon as khushi opened her eyes, she saw tears in arnav's eyes. She was quite taken aback, so much so that she didn't get bothered about the close proximity. She looked at him and said: aap..ro rahe...(you are crying...) 

Arnav quickly turned his face and wiped his tears and said in a fake angry tone: so finally you woke up.. 

But khushi understood him way to better. She knew very well that he was doing this to cover up for those tears. But one thing she didn't understand is why was he crying. 

Khushi sat up straight and said: sari raat hum soye kaha they jo uthenge..aur yeh sab aapki wajah se...arey aisi jagah pe kisiko neend kaise aa sakti hai (when did I sleep...all because of you...how can someone sleep here?) 

Arnav: oh really? To tum raat bhar nehi soyi? (oh really? You didn't sleep whole night?)
Khushi: nehi bilkul nehi...(no not at all) 

Arnav fought back: khushi kumari gupta tum saari raat mere kandho pe sar rakhke,chayen se so rahi thi...(khushi kumara gupta you were sleeping on my shoulders whole night) 

Khushi was embarrassed. She said: woh woh hum bas..(I was just....) 

Noticing her blush, arnav couldn't miss the chance of teasing her. He said in a soft romantic tone: waise tumhe pura haq hai...(by the way you have all the right..) 

Khushi's heart started beating like crazy at his words. She quickly said to divert the topic: aapko koi haq nehi...(you don't have any right...) 

Arnav was taken aback at this sudden remark. He frowned and said: excuse me? 

Khushi: haan..aapko koi haq nehi is tarah baithke hamara waqt barbaad karne ka...humey ghar jana hai aur uske baad office bhi.(yes...you don't have any right to waste my time...I have to go home and then to office) 

Arnav could well understand that one remark from him had its magical effect on her and to hide her feelings she was saying this. 

Arnav said mockingly: khushi kumari gupta agar tum bhul chuki ho to main tumhe yaad dila doon ki office mujhe bhi jana hai..(khushi kumara gupta if you have forgotten then let me remind you that I also have to go to office) 

He was about to get down the car to get a local mechanic when Khushi muttered: laad governor kahike...dilli ke office ko kya gussey se rakh kar chukey hai jo yahaan lucknow mein aakey bas gaye hai..(laad governor...must have burnt the delhi office with his anger and hence has settled in lucknow) 

Arnav heard it and said: what the... 

Khushi: haan hamara bhi bas yehi kehene ka man kar raha hai...what the...ab aap zara is gari ko thik karne ka kasht karenge (yes even I want to say what the...will you care to fix the car)
Arnav gritted his teeth and said: aur main kya karne jaa raha tha? (and what was I going to do?)
Khushi made a face and arnav got down to get the car checked. 

After that night, things had become a little more awkward for both of them, though they fought at every step, the old magic showed its spark at times but then they both controlled their feelings. 

Baatein kuch unkahee siजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें