Chapter 46 - Yule Shopping in the other alleys

They continued there shopping in Knockturn alley. As they walked down the alley people were staring to notice who they were. Glares were being thrown there way, until they noticed Lucius Malfoy standing next to them. The people shopping in the alley scattered not wanting to cross a man who was one of Voldemort's trusted few, known as the inner circle. The shop that they were going to was called books for the open minded. This shop sold books about things the light have banned and made illegal, one of these books was called Famous wolves, which was about werewolves who were famous and helped society in some way. This book was written about a hundred years ago, so it is more accurate and is unbiased. Rosalie entered this store alone while her family waited outside for her to finish. The shop keeper was a hunched over old man with stringy gray hair and glasses perched on his nose. His eyes were cold and he had an unfriendly frown on his face. As soon as she walked into the store her eyes caught sight of the book, which was lucky as she didn't want to be in the presence of this man for too long. As soon as she payed she practically ran out the store. Next they went to a shop at the other end of the alley called Kits for beginners, this store sold starter packs for different subjects, for example there was a starter kit for potions, which was mostly for young children, but there was also kits for adults such as alchemy. Rosalie was in this store so she could get Theo a starter kit for runes, which had everything you needed to be able to do simple runes. The shop keeper for this store was a young man with pitch black hair and piercing blue eyes. He had a thoughtful look on his face as she entered, he was staring at her with curious look on his face. However he was very kind looking, and was very helpful when she asked for help. She left quickly and made her way to her family. They quickly left knockturn alley as everyone else noticed how uncomfortable Percy, Fred and George looked being surrounded by so many dark wizards.

In between knockturn and Diagon alley was Ancient Alley, filled with stores for the traditions such as yule and Samhain, where you could get the items needed to pray and do the ceremonies. However there was also shops that sold different items in them for everyday purposes. One of these shops was called magical Jewelry where you can get custom made jewelry. Each piece of jewelry cost about 100 galleons for each depending on what you put on it and what piece of jewelry it is. Rosalie was planning on spending a lot of her money in this store as she planning on getting gifts for Pansy, Millicent, Daphne, Hannah, Susan, Tracy, Faye, Vincent, Lucius and Narcissa.

For Pansy and Millicent Rosalie decided that she would get them the same thing with different charms on them. She was getting them both chokers, Pansy was getting one with bows on it as she was a girly girl and Millicent was getting one with books on it as she loved to read. There were many spells on the chokers to make them unbreakable, to make them not able to rust, they can resize to fit you perfectly and they had a spell on it to make it stay sparkly and shiny. The same spells were on all of the jewelry that they made. For Hannah and Susan she was going to get them earrings of a rose as it was her favourite flower, and Susan was getting a pair with sunflowers. Tracy and Faye were getting rings, Tracy had ruby's on them and Faye had emeralds on hers. Daphne was getting a charm bracelet with snowflake charms, while Rosalie was going to get a matching bracelet with suns on it to represent her favourite season. Vincent was getting a silver watch that showed both the digital time and the normal clock, it was an invention created by a muggle born, as they wanted to be able to easily tell the time while also being able to see how the planets aligned when you swiped up on the clock. Vincent liked divination and was always fascinated by the way the centaurs predicted things. Lucius was getting a similar present but in gold, even though he didn't really care for divination he could appreciate a way to tell the time without having to cast a spell every time. Narcissa was getting a [air of rain drop earrings with a matching necklace and bracelet made out of platinum. Altogether it was going to come to at least 11000 galleons in this store alone, it was a lot of money but its not like she couldn't afford it so it didn't really bother her. However when the price was announced Percy, George and Fred gaped at Rosalie in astonishment, they had never realised someone could spend so much money in one shop, they didn't even think there was that much money in their family vault. They had to wait about an hour for all the jewelry to be done, while that was happening they walked around Ancient to see what the others could buy for there friends, but also what Sirius and Narcissa wanted to buy to celebrate yule, they already had most of the traditional celebration items, they were just looking to see what else they could buy as they both loved to shop.