Ridley's in Danger

Ridley

I was dragged forward into the demon ballroom, a guard at each arm with the third behind me, the tip of his blade less than an inch from the back of my head. The ballroom looked completely different, the floor and walls completely drenched in blood.

The demon nobles looked up in surprise as we entered. One of the guards gave me a small shove causing me to stumble a few feet forward into the center of the room.

The guard in front of me bowed, so low in fact that his nose practically brushed the floor.

"In an unfortunate accident it appears the pets of your lords and ladyships have escaped."

This sent a series of gasps through the crowd which slowly turned to angered muttering and shouting.

The guard yelled over it. "This pet was the only one captured and has led us in the woods for HOURS claiming he knew where they had gone. By the time we had realized it was a lie it was too late...we believe the pets have already escaped into neutral territory."

This caused a furious roar to rise from the demon lords. Suddenly one stepped forward, I recognized her almost immediately, she was the demon I had run into my second time breaking into the castle.

Her eyes narrowed in recognition. "I know this human!" She shrieked. "Many moons ago he disguised himself as a soldier and tried to slaughter us!"

"I never tried to hurt anyone-"

"I HAVE NO DOUBT THIS MONSTER WAS BEHIND THE WHOLE THING!" She yelled. "He must be punished!"

The demon guard's eyes widened at the realization that the perfect scapegoat had been practically shoved into their laps.

"Y-Yes," one of them stammered. "It's all this one's fault. He devised this plan, he's the one responsible for all of this."

Suddenly Lord Lyell stepped up beside the female demon.

His gaze raked over me. "Hm, I suppose I should have suspected as much from this one." He glanced to the other demons. "What do you say? How should we punish him?"

"RIP HIM LIMB FROM LIMB UNTIL HE'S NOTHING BUT A HEAD!" One demon shouted.

"TEAR OUT HIS SPINE!"

"FEED HIM TO THE HOUNDS!"

I swallowed hard, now realizing that my death at the hands of the demon queen would most likely have been far more merciful than my demise this angry mob of demon lords seemed to have planned for me.

"I have an idea..." Lyell said, a cold smirk slipping over his features. "Why don't we chop him up until he's nothing but a pathetic little human shish kabob. His eyes narrowed. "Then we feed him to the hounds." This brought on a roar of cheers from the demons. Snickering Lyell slowly removed a thin, silver blade from his jacket. My blood turned ice cold as he slowly stalked towards me, the demons cheering all around.

So this was really it...I was truly about to die

Soon Lyell was standing over me, I could feel the bite of the blade's edge brush against the back of my neck as the demon positioned it for his first cut.

Lyell leaned forward now, his lips brushing against my ear. "Oh I am going to enjoy this so VERY, very much," he whispered. I clenched my eyes shut, my body on edge as I prepared myself for the contact.

That's when there was a sudden crash and the largest Bone Monster I had ever seen suddenly charged through the wall.