Hooked

CHAPTER 7

CHAPTER 7

"Deborah?" Ben asks as he pages his assistant.

"Yes, Your Majesty?" Deborah replies.

"Can you ask Lumiere and my sister to call me regarding Cotillion?" Ben asks her.

"Yes, sir," Deborah replies.

"Thank you," Ben says before going back to his work.

"Ben?" Evie asks as she knocks on the door and opens the door.

"Evie!" Ben says as he stands up. "Come on in." Evie closes the door behind herself.

"Mal has gone back to the Isle," Evie says before walking over and giving Ben the note that Mal left. Ben starts looking at the note. "Ben..." Evie then holds out his ring that he had given Mal. "Bree went with her." Ben takes the ring from Evie and reads the note from Mal.

"This is my fault. This is my fault," Ben says as he finishes the note. "I... I blew it. She'd been under so much pressure lately, and instead of being understanding, I just went all Beast on her. I have to go there and apologize. I have to go there and... and beg them to come back."

"Ben, you'll never find them," Evie tells him.

"I..." Ben tries before turning to look out the window.

"You need to know the Isle and how it works and..." Evie starts to explain before realizing what had to be done. "You have to take me with you."

"Yes!" Ben says as he turns to face him. "Uh, are...are you sure?"

"Of course. They're my best friends," Evie says in agreement. "And we'll bring the boys, too, because there's safety in numbers, and none of us is really too popular over there right now."

"Thank you," Ben says as he looks at Evie.

"But let's get two things straight," Evie says. "You have to promise me that I won't get stuck there again."

"I promise," Ben tells her.

"And there's no way you're going looking like that," Evie tells him before they go get the boys and Ben a change of clothes.

Mal and Bree walk into Lady Tremaine's Curl Up & Dye even though it doesn't open until midnight. Bree smiles as her eyes land on Dizzy, who is sweeping as she dances around.

"Mal!" Dizzy exclaims as she catches sight of her. "Is Evie back, too?"

"As if," Mal says as she pops a piece of gum into her mouth. "I, um, forgot that the place don't open till midnight. Place looks good." Dizzy laughs as she looks around.

"Oh my gosh! Princess Briella!" Dizzy says excitedly before bowing.

"Call me Bree," Bree says with a smile as she bows back.

"So what is your deal? Has your grandmother given you any customers yet?" Mal asks.

"Ah, just a witch here and there. Mostly, it's a lot of scrubbing and scouring and sweeping. Lots and lots of sweeping," Dizzy explains.

"Sounds like the old Cinderella treatment," Bree says with a frown.

"Yeah, she's gone from Wicked Stepmother to Wicked Grandmother," Dizzy says causing Mal to smirk.

"That's not really much of a switch," Bree says causing Dizzy to nod.

"Hey, Dizzy, you used to do Evie, right?" Mal asks her.

"Yeah. I thought of the little braids," Dizzy answers with a smile.

"Those are amazing!" Bree says causing Dizzy to smile big.

"You have any ideas for me and Bree?" Mal asks her with a smile. Dizzy squeals before looking at their hair.

"The washed-out blonde with purple tips? The best of no worlds. You can't see where your face ends and your hair begins!" Dizzy accesses causing Bree to giggle before pulling Mal and Bree into a chair and grabbing Mal's hand. "Oh, what is this, 'Bored to Death Pink'? Hmm. How far can I go?"

"The works? I mean, whatever makes me feel like me, but, you know... way worse," Mal answers her with a smirk before looking at Bree.

"I'm going for me with an edge," Bree says with a smirk.

"Yay!" Dizzy says before grabbing a huge pair of scissors. Dizzy starts by cutting some of Mal's hair off then dying Mal's hair purple. She then rolls it up on cans, before sticking Mal's hair under a dryer. Dizzy then dyes Bree's hair before rolling it up in cans and putting it under a dryer. Dizzy paints Mal's nails black before letting out an excited squeal. Dizzy takes their hair out of the cans before spinning them around to reveal their new looks.

"Hey! There I am," Mal says as she looks in the busted mirror.

"Voila!" Dizzy exclaims causing Bree to smile.

"Voila," Bree says before handing Dizzy some cash. "I love it!"

"For me?" Dizzy asks.

"Yeah. You earned it," Mal answers her with a smile, also handing her some money. Dizzy then walks over to the register as Harry Hook enters the room.

"Fork it over, you runt," Harry says not noticing Mal and Bree. Harry taps the desk with his hook causing the change to move in the register. "Now the rest of it." Dizzy gives him the money. "Hmm. Thank you. Mm-hmm." Bree had to admit that he was breathtakingly handsome but definitely a villain kid.

"Still running errands for Uma, or do you actually get to keep what you steal?" Mal asks as Harry turns to leave.

"Well, well, well. What a nice surprise," Harry says as he turns to face Mal and Bree. Harry was shocked to see the princess of Auradon on the Isle but he had to admit that she was breathtakingly beautiful, especially with the change of hair.

"Hi, Harry," Mal says uninterested as she looks at her nails.

"Just wait until Uma hears you're back," Harry says as he walks over to Mal. "She's never gonna give you back your old territory."

"Oh, well, that's okay. Because we will be taking it," Bree explains to Harry with a smirk.

"I could hurt you," Harry says as he moves some of Bree's hair with his hook. Bree gets lost in his dazzling blue eyes. Mal quickly grabs his arm before sticking her gum on the tip of his hook.

"Not without her permission, I bet," Mal says with a smirk. Harry puts the gum in his mouth before swiping things off of the desk. Harry bows sarcastically to Mal and Bree before leaving.

"Great. More sweeping," Dizzy says sarcastically. Harry was definitely a character in Bree's book and that made him even more interesting.