v. under pressure

chapter 5 - under pressure

After sounding the fake acid fog warning, Dakota waited about an hour outside of the cave until she knew the coast was clear. While everyone was taking cover from the fog that was never coming, she knew it would be safer for her to free the brunette and take her back to her home.

Upon entering the cave again, and realizing the girl wasn't crying anymore, she felt a little bit better. Acting swiftly, she removed the key from her pocket and walked towards her. She was currently facing the wall, so Kota slowly kneeled beside her, careful not to scare her any further. When she noticed her presence, however, she glanced in her direction.

The Grounder was about to smile warmly at her so she would know that she was being released, but suddenly she turned fully around, and the next thing Kota knew she was slamming a heavy rock against the side of her face, making her fall backward.

She grunted in pain and tried to get back up but the girl brought her arm down and hit the side of her head again, making her fall to the ground, blacking out.

After what she could only assume was a few minutes, Dakota slowly regained consciousness. Just before she opened my eyes, though, she heard other voices echoing off the cave's walls. They were faint, but she managed to still hear their words clearly:

"How did you find me?"

"Followed her."

"We should go. Now. Before she wakes up."

"She's not gonna wake up."

Then she heard footsteps approaching her.

"Bellamy stop. She didn't hurt me. Let's just go."

"They started this. Finn. Move!"

Just then she felt rough hands touching the gear on her belt.

"Foghorn..." She heard the boy say, but acting on instinct she quickly reached for one of her hidden blades and plunged it into his chest, earning gasps from him and the others.

He grunted in pain and she then took that opportunity to jump up and flip him over onto his back.

When she looked up she saw Bellamy charging at her with her spear, so she quickly spun around and elbowed him in the gut, yanking the spear out of his hands in the process. She kicked him to the ground and then pointed the spear towards his throat, but his reflexes were quick and he grabbed ahold of it trying to push it away.