What Have I Done?

The following day at lunch time, my friends and I sat down at our table for lunch. We were busy joking around and talking about random things, when I looked up at the entrance to the cafeteria.

Entering into the cafeteria, sporting all the confidence of the world was Carson and his three friends. There were Michael Evans and the twins; Jayden and Jordan Moore.

They walked passed our table and Carson's eye caught mine. I look away quickly. They walked to their table and sat down.
"What's up with you?" Jasmine asked when she realized that I had gone quiet.

"Nothing. I was just trying to avoid Carson." I replied.

"Carson Knight?" She asked and I nodded. "Why? Are you into him?"

"What? No!" I said shaking my head quickly.

Jasmine laugh. "I was just asking. After all, he is hot." She said.

I looked over to the table that Carson sat talking loudly with his friends. I have to admit, Jasmine is right. He is hot. I've always noticed his arrogance before, but if you really look at him, he was good looking. I see why girls would always chase him now. Not that I agree with their actions. They did not care that the boys were going to dump them within a day or week, they just wanted a chance to be with the hottest boys in school. How pathetic!

After lunch Jasmine and I head to our AP Biology class. When we entered the class, most students were already there, so our usual seat in the middle of the classroom was taken. I spotted two seats near the back of the classroom and Jasmine and I went there to sit down.

The teacher was not here as yet, so I was busy talking to Jasmine, when Carson and his friends walked in. I didn't even remember that they were in my class. I was even surprised that they were in AP biology. They didn't seem like the type to get good grades. I know I was being judgemental, but I couldn't help it.

Thankfully, Carson didn't seem to notice me as he was caught up in a conversation with his friends. I turned back in front of me as he and his friends sat behind us. The teacher came after that and started her lesson.

During the middle of the lesson, I felt a light tap on my shoulder. When I turned around, I saw that it was one of the twin. I looked closely at him for a second and noticed that it was Jayden. I raised my eyebrow at him as he grinned at me. "What is it?" I asked.

"Is it true that you knocked out my pal here with a ball?" He asked, his finger pointing in the direction of Carson, who was glaring at him.

"As I told you before, she didn't knock me out." Carson cut in, but Jayden ignored him. He looked at me awaiting my response.

I looked around at the teacher, who had his back turned to us writing something on the blackboard, before facing Jayden again. "Leave me alone and don't get me in trouble." I hissed in a whisper.

"Ooh, she's a feisty one." Jordan said from his seat and all the boys laughed at his comment.

I rolled my eyes at their behaviour. "I don't have time for your games." I said and turned back around in my seat. Jasmine raised her eyebrows at me, as if to ask 'what was that about?'. I mouthed 'I'll tell you about it later' and she nodded and went back to her work. Ignoring the bickering and snickers behind me, I went back to my work as well. They were used to disrupting classes and getting detention almost everyday. As for me, I hope I don't see another detention room for the rest of my school year.

******

At the end of the day, I was at my locker, when Kevin and Lucas walked up to me.

"Hey Kayla," Kevin said. "Lucas and I are going over to my house to hang out. Want to join us? We can order pizza."