34 | chapter thirty-four

Niklaus Wade

Niklaus Wade

Caspian walks closer to my bed then proceeds to turn and sit on it. Legs put together, his elbow rests on his knees and he allows his head to fall into his hands. I look at him and wait but now I'm growing used to his silence.

"I don't want to talk about it I just..." he trails off, his words going into the palm of his hand, making it hard to hear him but I make out what he's trying to say. He picks up his head and looks up at my standing form, "can you...could you..."

He doesn't finish his words and it feels like he's frustrated because he doesn't know how to say what he wants to say. He averts his eyes but I can see his cheeks beginning to turn a shade or two of pink and that makes my eyes go slightly wide.

He's blushing?

This is not the Caspian that I know. I don't know what's going on but I can tell that he needs someone and even though I'm not sure what to do, there's no one else Caspian can turn to. That's apparent from how he came to me out of all people.

His friends are fake and insincere and he was equally as fake with them so I know that they're the last people he can count on though he does have Hunter and Archer. He has Elliot and Elijah but I'm assuming that he doesn't really want to go to them either that or I believe that he would have. Similarly to Archer and Hunter. A small hesitant and experimental smile comes onto my face as I sit beside him.

I'm not directly beside him but I'm about six to eight inches away from him. I sit with my legs together, my fingers are intertwined while my phone is sandwiched between my hands, laying on my lap while I tilt my head and peer at Caspian. He remains looking the other way but I can tell that he's chewing on his bottom lip as his foot taps vigorously against my hard wood floors meanwhile his face remains a soft baby pink hue. I open my phone and begin to type my next message in my notes.

"Why aren't you sending me out of your room?" He asks as his head turns to look at me.

I stop typing and look at him. In this moment, I notice how he isn't as scary as I always make him out to be. His hair has grown quite long and there are curls that I don't remember him having but then again, I don't really notice or pay attention to Caspian all that often. His brown locks fall softly onto his forehead, covering some of his eyes so I can only partially see his brown eyes as they look at me earnestly.

His lips are pulled into a slight frown and that's when the dimple at the left corner of his mouth decides to play peek a boo. There wasn't an earring in his ear or at least I didn't think their was because the earrings he wore usually dangled and draped just a bit. With his hair growing the way it has, I can't really see his ears all that much anymore.