*- 30 - I suppose not

The first of April, I don't think it is a coincidence that that day is the twins' birthday. Fred had talked about this day for an entire month now and it had nothing to do with his birthday. Him and George had prepared at least a dozen pranks to perform that day. Fred had written them all down in this little notebook he carried around. Lee was in on it too. I had asked at least twice a day what they were up to, be he wouldn't budge. I had no clue what they were planning.

Fred and I were doing great, though. Being with Fred was great in general. He would sit next to me for breakfast, joking until he had gotten rid of my morning mood. He would annoy me in class every second of every day and he would squint his eyes every time I would mention Cedric. He had accepted the fact that we were going to stay friends and would even say "hi" to him when we crossed paths in the hallway. One day I would get them to like each other. I usually wouldn't see him between the end of classes and supper, because he would be off with George doing Merlin knows what, but I liked that balance. It gave me time to study and hang with my friends. There was nothing worse than trying to study when Fred was bored. It was simply impossible. He would annoy me until I got so annoyed that I quit studying and then he'd force me into cuddling with him and that always resulted in me forgiving him and then a make-out-session. I kind of loved it though, but it was not very efficient.

As I woke up on April Fool's, I was immediately cautious. I knew that I was not going to get away without being pranked that day, so I was prepared. I had my wand on me at all times and made sure to double check every step I was making.

"Good morning, love", Fred said as he ran past. He quickly gave me a peck on the cheek and then rushed out with George. I knew that I would probably not see him for the rest of the day. I guess the happy birthday would come later.

The Slytherins were the first to experience a prank of the twins. I have no idea how they did it, but all robes of all Slytherins had turned bright purple. There was no green in sight today and the Slytherin table didn't seem to like it very much. Half the house stood by the teachers' table at breakfast, complaining to Dumbledore. He however, seemed to find the incident quite amusing, as he told them that "he had no idea how to reverse it". Dumbledore could do anything. For sure he could change the colour of someone's robe. It did surprise me again how clever the twins were. I knew they were absolutely brilliant, but their test scores and stupid acts throughout the year could make you forget that sometimes. But when it really came down to it, though, like today, they would make no mistakes. They were absolutely genius.

I wasn't very fond of their second charm, though. As I left Transfiguration to go to Magical Creatures, a high-pitched scream caught my attention. I think it caught everyone's attention. Angelina and I followed the sound until we arrived at the main crossing, close to the Great Hall. A high-pitched scream was coming from an unknown source and it was not pleasant.

"Those deviled twins! How did they learn the Caterwauling charm?" McGonagall said when she ran past us. She was panicking. The Caterwauling charm? I had read about that somewhere. I believe it was a charm that was cast within a certain area. When anyone would cross that area, a high-pitched scream could be heard. I rolled my eyes, but smiled as well. Casting that spell on the main crossing was both evil and genius. I went to Magical Creatures and when I returned, the screams had stopped.

The twins hadn't stopped, though. They had turned the floor of Potions class into jelly, which Snape sadly reversed with a simple flick of his wand, they had used the Glisseo spell on all non-magical staircases, which made them turn into slides. This was fun, until a third-year hit another student and they both ended up in the Hospital Wing. They had also used Avis, the bird-conjuring charm after breakfast. That was when the owl's brought the mail and it was safe to say that about fifty owls mixed with about a hundred birds was not a good idea. Dumbledore was a little less pleased with that prank. The twins were nowhere to be seen during any meal, though, so he couldn't punish them, yet. I hadn't seen either of them at all actually.