Seven

For the first time in a long time, the car ride was silent. Jacob turned the radio on, so both of us sat in comfortable silence. He focused on the highway, drumming his fingers along to the song, while I leant to the side, my elbow propped against the window with my mind wandering. Luckily, it didn't wander to my usual topic of death and Lorenzo, but what I was thinking about wasn't particularly pleasant either. I was thinking about Tom.

I reviled him, whether or not his family was responsible for my family's death. He kidnapped me, tortured me, and forced me to turn against people I was raised with. He threatens me with my life everyday and there is not one brief second where I can breathe, thinking I am safe from harm. He makes me miss the Protection Program, where I couldn't be who I was, but at least I could do it safely. But, for some godforsaken reason, I was attracted to him. I found myself wanting to call him just so I could hear his voice say semi-kinky things to me. I wanted to piss him off so he would pay attention to me. I wanted him to call me princess just one more time. He was intoxicating to say the least, and I hated the fact that he was. I hated him for being so goddamn attractive. If he were uglier, I would have been content on just doing the job; now, I was considering doing the job and him.

"Hey," Jacob nudged my shoulder and I returned to the real world. The world where I would never sleep with Tom and he would end up killing me in my sleep. I switch my glances between him and the hospital where we were now situated. "So what do we do?" I asked, opening the door, "What do we say?" "Absolutely nothing," Jacob said, "We're here to kill him." It shouldn't have been a surprise, but nevertheless, I was caught off guard. "Jesus Christ, Jacob, how many people are we killing today?" "This is our first, technically. And it's me killing him. You're watching the door," he pressed the button on the fob, locking the car. Once again, my leg started to hurt, so I stayed a few paces back, but Jacob noticed my inefficiency. "You okay?" he asked and I shrugged. "I don't think it healed properly," I said before deciding to deal with the discomfort and walk normal speed, "It's just something I'll have to live with."

"Tom's a fucking psycho and all, but what he did to your leg was probably the cruelest thing he's done in a while," Jacob said, "Usually he breaks bones, and bones can be healed. But he basically tore your leg in half, and all for some fucking knowledge test." "Should I be glad he spared me, though?" I half joked and Jacob exhaled sharply to display amusement. "It depends on the day." We walked to the receptionist and asked for Tommy DeLuca. Per his requirements, the receptionist asked our relation and we said we were Tommy's siblings. Though he didn't believe it, he still let us through and gave us directions.

Apparently, they had moved Tommy out of the ICU and into his own room, which made Jacob's murdering plot even easier for him. We ended up at the end of a hallway and we knocked on the door before a nurse let us in. "He just woke up, so he's going to be very unsure of his surroundings. Be patient with him," she gave us a cautious smile before she walked away, leaving us alone with Tommy DeLuca.

Before we entered the room, his heart monitor as beeping normally. However, once we walked in and Tommy caught a good look at the both of us, he started making incoherent noises and the heart monitor sped up. He knew what was going to happen and he was scared. Jacob smiled sadistically, "Tommy boy! How've you been? I haven't seen you since your wedding." "Get...away from...me!" Tommy screamed. The words were slurred, but we knew what he was saying; body language is a language, after all. "You're not going to say to me? Jacob Batalon? Come on Tommy, we're buddies!" Jacob walked closer to Tommy, and though he wasn't able to, Tommy relentlessly tried to back away from him. But it was useless, in about five minutes Tommy DeLuca would no longer be alive.

Tommy then made eye contact with me. "You bitch," he said a lot more coherent this time, "How dare you show up after all these years just to betray us? Do you even know who you are? Or do you like to think of yourself as Tom's whore?" The words were supposed to sting, but I felt no truth towards them. I didn't feel for Tommy DeLuca or anyone associated with the Biancattis. If I could feel anything, it be resentment. Because they most likely knew about Lorenzo and never said anything. They just look me in the eye and wonder why I'm not dead.

I didn't say anything to Tommy, I didn't need to. He knew was coming to him. He knew this was the end of his life, and that some whore was going to outlive him. I probably wasn't to outlive him for very long, but anything to prove a point. Jacob glanced at me to watch the door so I moved and positioned myself by the door, watching for anyone that were to come in. He then swiped the pillow from under Tommy's head and placed it on top of his face, smothering him. He began to struggle and claw Jacob, and though it looked like he was in a lot of pain, he didn't let go of the pillow. Tommy's heart monitor began to beep rapidly and I was beginning to be nervous about whether a nurse or doctor would find out and investigate.

About a minute later, Tommy's struggling ended and he lay limp on his hospital bed, his heart monitor flatlining. Jacob looked up at me and told me to go get help while he took care of the rest. I noticed that his forearms were bloodied from Tommy's fight, but they were getting covered by Jacob rolling down his sleeves. "I'm fine, Bella," he said, "Go." And with that, I ran to the receptionist and pleaded for a doctor, putting on my finest tears.

By the time we returned to the room, Jacob disposed of everything. The doctor rushed in with some nurses and brought out a defibrillator to try and bring Tommy back to life. I was screaming alongside them, pretending to cry for Tommy's sake. I was never that great of an actor, but I've had so much to cry about for the past few weeks that it was easy to let go. In the end, the doctor gave a time of death and gave Jacob and I her condolences. I collapsed into Jacob's arms, crying and screaming, pretending that I cared for Tommy DeLuca. Once the doctor and nurses left, I returned to normal. "Do we have to do anything else or can we leave?" I sniffed, wiping my makeup stained eyes.

"What the fuck?" Jacob asked, "You were having a meltdown over him not even a minute ago!" "It's called acting, Jacob," I said, "You can't just kill someone you're claiming to be your sibling and act stoic when they can't revive them. Haven't you ever lost someone?" "That's a story for a different day, Bella," he said, "I'm tired of driving around. You want Chinese? I can order some Chinese." I nodded and asked him to get broccoli and shrimp. It wasn't my favorite meals from Chinese takeout, but recently I've just had a hankering for it, so it seemed good to get. Jacob had me call the place while we were on our way and picked it up when it was still hot.

Lol this is supposed to be a Tom fic but there's barely any Tom in it. My bad.

Also i hope you guys had a Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays!

Don't forget to vote, comment, that good stuff.

~Not edited~