Ch29 - The First Quest

Well then, new chapter. Please enjoy...

**************************
Griatim Kingdom

"Oh, a newbie adventurer huh? Quite young, aren't you? Well, your Adventurer Card, please."

The guard greeted Hiiragi and Sylvie when they were moving out of the city to complete their quest. From the way he greeted them, it seemed that he was used to adventurers moving out from the city to do their works.

"Yes, I had just registered just now. Here."

"Ohh, Rank F, huh? Well, don't worry and work hard to raise you rank okay, both of you!"

As Hiiragi showed his card to the guard, he checked it and confirmed the authenticity. He also encouraged them to work hard with a friendly smile on his face.

Then, Hiiragi and Sylvie moved out of the city and headed to the nearby forest. Along the way, Sylvie asked Hiiragi about their future plans.

After all, Hiiragi only explained about making peace with the demons yet did not properly talk about it.

"Hiiragi, can you properly explain to me what are we going to do actually? Shouldn't we be hurrying right now?"

"Okay. For now, I think of doing various quests for some times to rank up until the average rank of adventurers. Then, we will be going to the border of human and demon kingdom. When I looked at the map of that was drew in the Room Of Records, the separation of these two somehow strange. Like there was too much space in between. So, I thought there was something there. Therefore, along the way, I thought of investigating it for a bit. Then, just infiltrate the demon castle and meet the demon lord and chat. If she agree to achieve peace, I will help her. If not, just fight her. And no need to hurry, the demon lord will not run away after all. I'm sure she will be waiting for the heroes to come."

Hiiragi spoke without stopping his words. Although the plan was quite hollow, he looked confident about it.

However, Sylvie stared at him with disbelief since he just spoke of the last line like nothing. Sylvie still could believe that the first part of his talk was possible but when he talked about infiltrating the demon lord's castle, Sylvie could not just believe him like that.

"Infiltrate the demon lord's castle you say? Don't you know that was very difficult to do?"

"I know, but what would you suggest? Going through the front and ask for an audience with her? Sounds very impossible to happen."

But, infiltrating the demon lord's castle was more believable than going through the normal procedure since it was impossible for a human to meet a demon lord by the normal way.

Anyway, as they were chatting, they arrived at the forest. The forest was green with trees and plants. There were some flowers which were coloured with a variety.

Since Sylvie had not moved out from the Room Of Records for a long time, she was stunned by the beauty of nature. Her face looked joyful and she seemed to be enjoying the freedom she finally got after a blue moon.

Hiiragi somehow understood her feelings and let her enjoy this view for now since he was feeling fresh after moving out from the castle after all.

While Sylvie was breathing in the nature, Hiiragi observed their surrounding for their quest's herb. It was easy to find the herbs as they were not hidden or a few in numbers. In fact, there were many of those herbs in the forest.

We need to collect at least ten of these, right?

"Syl...."

Hiiragi called out to Sylvie as they need to begin to collect the herbs but since Sylvie was still in cloud nine, Hiiragi decided to let her be.