83-Heartless

I make the annual journey to the cemetery alone. It's the first time in years that I've gone alone to visit Mom and Dad. I grip the umbrella I'm holding over my head in one hand while clutching three bouquets of roses in the other. My heels sink slightly into the muddy grass as I make my way through the graves. It doesn't help that later tonight, I'm supposed to don something skimpy in order to prepare myself for my upcoming fight against Lilith. I hate how these two parts of my life are mixing. You don't have any other choice.

Even with our abilities, it's too cold to bring Benny and it's way way too cold to bring Neddy. Hell, even though I am keeping my body temperature way above normal, I still find it chilly. My mother's pearls around my neck are freezing and it's sending shivers down my spine. I think it's worth it when I stand in front of the two similar graves. Mom and Dad were buried on top of each other and Tony was to be forever by their side.

"Hey guys. It's me." I announce softly, using my powers to dry the grass and mud on the ground so I can sit in between them. I place two bouquets on Mom and Dad, one on Tony's. I don't get a response, of course.

"Sorry I didn't bring Benny or Neddy. I don't want them to get sick, I hope you guys understand." I clarify, fiddling with the flowers. Both my parents and my brother are silent. I sit back on my heels, bare legs against the cold ground. Tears are brimming my eyes as emotion fills me throat.

"God, I miss you guys. It's hard doing all of this by myself. And I know-I know that I'm not alone, but I feel like I am. I don't have my family anymore." I confess, hands fiddling with my dress, "Yeah I have my boys and I have Pepper and Morgan, but I don't have you guys and I know, I know that I didn't have Mom and Dad for as long as you did Tony, but God, I miss them so much. Without you two, I wouldn't have any of this and I'm so-so grateful for that. I hope you know that."

Tears roll down my cheeks and I just let them flow down, taking makeup with it.

"I miss you so much, Tony. I really do. I don't understand how I managed to be away from you for three years because it's so hard. I-I just need you. No one gets me as well as you did. You were-You were the best brother I could have ever asked for. I should have been more open you, I know that now. I wish I could go back and redo everything. I wish I could go and tell you every little thing that happened I just-I just want you back." I tell him, my voice thick with emotion. Sam, Bucky, and Wanda all thought I was out looking for a dress. I didn't want to bring down their happy moods by telling them what I was actually doing. I had spent most of last night going over the ritual I supposed to do later tonight. I was exhausted.

"I'm taking care of them, I'm doing my best. Trying to take care of myself. I just want everything to be okay. Just want to make you guys proud." I look at my family in front of me, my Stark family, "Just want to make you guys proud...Tonight, I'm supposed to act like I used to and I just want you guys to know that if I had any other option, I wouldn't do this. However, I need to make sure everyone and everything is okay, I hope you guys understand. Please, please, forgive me."

You're going to be right next to them.

-

"Wanda! You were supposed to come here with her!" Sam scolds as both he and Bucky look at her angrily. The woman just rolls her eyes. Wanda's dressed in a tight burgundy dress, her long hair loose. She looks ready to party. Bucky doesn't think he's ever seen Wanda wearing such an outfit. This new century was so much different. Hell, he was shocked to see how much the outfits that he and Sam had gotten for tonight. Clothes shouldn't be this expensive.

"She told me to go on ahead. She wanted to make an entrance." Wanda told them both and before Bucky could fit in a retort, the thundering booms of Beyoncé's "Six Inch Heels" caught their attention just as the door to the club opened. A very tall blonde woman strode in like she owned the place, the lights in the club shifting colors. It was like everything was in slow motion as she walked in, hair bouncing. The red silk dress was tight as hell. One side was cut a little higher, showing off even more of her long legs. The dress was cut low, her breasts pushed up by the way the dress was structured. Red lights flashed over her, making her look so much more devilish. Has she always been that tall? Does she always look that good?