Chapter 32

Let's get that bread bois. 🍞

-----
3rd person
-----

Russia was laying in bed and staring at his ceiling, willing himself to fall asleep. His eyes drooped, but then they opened back up again, his mind practically telling him to resist in order to avoid his nightmares. He sighed and slowly rubbed his eye with the back of his hand, giving up on sleep and getting lost in his thoughts again.

That was when he heard his phone start blowing up.

Raising an eyebrow, he sat up slowly and reached over, plucking the device from the charger and turning the screen on. All the notifications were texts... from Canada?

🇨🇦 • Russia, please answer ASAP
Something happened here and America ran off somewhere and we don't know where he is
It's dark and his phone is in his room
Our dad isn't letting us go out and look for him
I'm begging you please please go find him
He can't come home because of dad
He can stay there maybe
With you??
Please find him

Russia reread the messages probably 4 times over, before his phone rang. Canada. He answered and pressed it up to his ear.

"Russia thank god, I'm sorry if I-I'm bothering you, but please.."

"Нет. You're not bothering me, Канада. You need to calm down and explain." Russia cut the other country off. Canada paused and Russia could hear his panicked breathing through the speaker.

This must be pretty serious.

"O-our dad found out something that he didn't like, and him and America got in a fight, and he kicked America out, and America ran off outside somewhere without his phone- what if he's l-lost? He doesn't like the dark and he won't be able to find his way h-home..." Russia heard Canada's voice break, and assumed he was crying. He sympathized with the Canadian, and bit his cheek. (Canada is such a good brother qmq)

"Are you with your other siblings?" Russia asked after a moment.

"Y-yes, we're all here."

"Хорошо. Try to relax, Канада. I will go out and find him. I'll keep you updated." Russia said before hanging up, putting his phone in his pocket. He pulled himself up with a wince, his body still sore from being beat up, and grabbed a flashlight from his drawer, just in case, since Canada said something about America not liking the dark. He put his jacket on and opened his door, heading down to his front door.

"Hey, where are you going? I thought you were going to bed?" He heard Ukraine's voice behind him, and turned around with his hand on the doorknob. She was sitting on the couch under a blanket, light from the tv shining on her face.

"Well. It looks like there's been a change of plans." He said without explanation before opening the door and stepping out into the night.

-----

Russia had wandered around town for about 40 minutes, carefully searching alleyways and behind buildings for any sign of the American, with no results. He himself was starting to feel worry stirring in his stomach, but he shoved it down. He needed to keep calm and keep looking. He had searched the park, around the library, and most of the public areas they had visited before, in hopes America had seen the familiar buildings and moved towards them, but felt disappointed when he saw nothing. He figured America really had gotten himself lost, and started heading to the deeper parts of town, as well as closer to the outskirts.

America, where are you?

Crossing another street, he glanced around slowly, listening to the soft buzzing of the street lights and occasional whir of a car driving by on a different street. His footsteps were virtually silent. It wasn't the first time he'd wandered around during the night, or any other time for that matter, and he knew most of the places in the town by heart, which roads led where and how to get from point A to point B. He enjoyed night walks. There was always something special about seeing the world when most everyone else was asleep in their houses. The crisp night air was always refreshing to him, as well.