Chapter 34

JISOO

She was punishing me and that hurt me. I am not saying that finding out that way about my plans was right but I wasn't even sure about what my plans were. That's why I didn't say anything. It was only a thought that unfortunately I discussed it with Bona who was calling me every day to see what is going to happen.

When she left to go and pick Ella from her school I wanted to chase her, to follow her, to tell her to stay and let me explain. But I knew Jennie. And if I did that would be worst. So I let her go with the hope that she would come home and let me explain.

I called, I texted but I never got an answer back. I was worried. And since she was punishing she wouldn't text me. But she had Ella with her and my mind was going crazy. Why all this had to happen? If Bona didn't open her mouth nothing would happen. I made one last effort to text her and ask her if they were okay. I didn't expect her to answer me but she did.

'We are okay.'

She was still upset and I could see it from her text. Simple and cold. At least I knew they were okay. It was already 4pm and she wouldn't come back. She already told me not to wait for them. Where they would go? What Ella would eat? Would they be on the road all evening? Jennie doesn't drive. Everything was just fucked up.

I tried to turn my mind off. I tried to think what I would tell her when she would be home. I tried to avoid Bona's constant phone calls. What was wrong with the girl really? I was starting to think that Jennie was right. Maybe I was trusting way to easy and her insisting of having an office with me? What was wrong with that picture? So I continued to avoid her with the hope that she would stop calling me. All I cared was Jennie. And I just couldn't hold my tears back.

One hour became two and then three. I kept checking my watch because it was already 8.30pm. Ella supposed to be on her bed by this time. Where were they? My answer to my question came when I heard the door open. They were back. I looked at them and I saw Ella running to my side. I missed my little girl so much.

"Mama, you weren't there today."

"I know sweetie. I am sorry." I said and looked back to Jennie who was still standing there never making a step forward.

"You were crying?"

"My eyes are just tired. I wasn't crying baby girl."

"Okay. Will you help me with my bath mama?"

"Of course I will. Go take your clothes off."

"Okay."

When Ella left us alone I tried to reach her, to walk closer to her but every step I was making forward she was doing one backward.

"Jen.." my voice was breaking.. And she was just there.. looking at me.

"We will talk later."

She was leaving me again, with me looking at her back while she was walking to our bedroom. I would step infront of her and stop her but Ella was still up and I didn't want for her to hear us yell to each other. So I let her and I went to the bathroom to find my daughter.

"Hey mama. I am ready."

"I can see baby girl."

Ella liked to take her bath in a hot full bath tub. So she was already in the tub waiting for me to help her.

"Mama, why you weren't there today?"

"I had to be somewhere else sweetie. I am sorry I couldn't."

"That's okay. I missed you but we went to see grandpa Yanni with mommy."

"Oh, you did?" I am glad she thought about going to see Mr Yanni. I liked that old man and when I found out that he was taking care of them I respected him even more.