XIV. you cry, you lose

Today's Sunday. 8 o'clock in the morning. The sky was still pessimistic but at least, the surge of rain somehow halted.

Customarily, the Headmistress and the rest of the girls, Seraphina included, attended today's mass.

While on their way to the Church, it once again commenced raining pretty tough,  baffling the girls particularly the Headmistress who all are disturbed at the impression of getting their gowns dirty.

For Seraphina's part, she vastly has no dilemma with it for, but as usual, she wore an ebony frock, somehow masking the mud that will stick to her gown as soon as they get off the carriage.

As foreseen, the girls let out awful loud groans as soon as their feet stepped off the carriage which frankly speaking,  brought about Seraphin's giggle in the back of her mind.

After the abrupt mass, the Headmistress notified them that there would be no classes since the professor couldn't make it due to the storm.

And so, Seraphina consumed the rest of her day sleeping and frankly speaking, stroking the doll's blond hair Zachary gave her last evening.

Despite its torn arm in which Seraphina ultimately feels guilty about, one cannot deny the refinement of the doll. She wonders where did Zachary purchase such a doll like this for she had never seen one as beautiful as this.

Regardless, the tiny hair at the back of her neck rose when she realized she looked precisely like the doll. Its emerald eyes, long thick lashes, thick eyebrows, its fair skin, and the plump lips, all mirror hers.

The sole discrepancy was the pigment of their hair although their hair length is extensively equivalent.

Conceivably, it was Zachary himself who created this doll? But, certainly, why would he but at the same time, why wouldn't he? He is an A-class psycho.

Besides, that man is an artist for he had the ability to create anything with that slender fingers of his. The thing is, he could also even kill any creatures.

Seraphina, letting out a sigh, compelled herself into the verdict that it was just a coincidence. Nothing to fret about.

Still, the idea of Zachary sculpturing a mere doll after her sends chills down her spine. With that, Seraphina hid the doll under her mattress, separating it from the rest of her dolls which are hidden inside her drawers.

Burying her face between her cushions, Seraphina's mind proceeded to wander around Zachary which annoys her since these past few days, more like months, she can't stop thinking about that one heck of a man.

Sure, one cannot deny the roaring fact how Zachary had been on her mind since day one. Ever since she first met him at the age of 10. Still, it was all due to curiosity and terror but now?

Preferring not to answer herself, afraid of what her mind can conjure, Seraphina chose sleep as an escape. It is better this way.

Just as she guessed the night couldn't get any worse, she was roused by a deafening sound from the outside.

Her eyes automatically went broad, stooped straight, frail fingers clenching the white sheets, eyes polling the surroundings.

With that, without bothering to slip on a pair of slippers, Seraphina took off outside, the downpour of rain progressing.

Brow lifting, Seraphina cannot conceal her confusion, realizing she was the only one who bothered checking the source of the loud gunshot. They must've thought it was just the rain.

Seraphina perceived something was erroneous, that possibly, a crime is occurring just outside the boarding school. You never know, considering the various murders circulating around the country, one must not grow content.