CHAPTER 1

Emma's POV:

"In the circle of the life, It's the wheel of fortune" my alarm woke me up at 6 A.M. I love this song from Lion King it gives me hope to survive the day.

I got up and went to take shower and took my time in getting ready. After coming out of shower I went to my walk-in closet with everything I would ever need. Most of the dresses still have their tags.

I wore my nude color coat over my black formals paired with white button-up shirt. I don't prefer make-up so I put some mascara and my strawberry lip balm. Once again I checked my appearance in my full length mirror and was ready for my day.

I went down to the garden to have breakfast as weather is nice my mother decided we should have our breakfast in the open today

"Hi Princess! How are you doing today?" my dad who is my whole world greeted me.

"Morning darling" my mom came and hugged me.

I waved them hi and gestured my dad that I was fine. I took my place at the breakfast table while my mom served our food. My mom prefers cooking for us and serving the food, she doesn't like to be depended on others on normal days.

My name is Emma Campbell only daughter of Parker Campbell and Lisa Campbell. As you can see I can't talk but my parents never had a problem with it. They became my pillars and gave me support to face the world. An accident in my childhood made me mute but I don't remember the details of the incident.

15 years ago....

I opened my eyes and was met with bright light. I can hear my mom crying beside me but I don't know what made her cry, I didn't like that she was crying so I forced my eyes to open. After struggling for few minutes I opened my eyes finally and saw that I was in a white room with tubes attached to me.

"Emma! Baby can you hear me?" my mom asked franticly. I nodded and tried to open my mouth to answer her. Seeing me struggling she brought some water for me to drink.

After drinking water I saw a doctor coming towards me along with my dad who looked like he was crying.

"Emma how are you feeling?" the doctor asked me.

I tried to answer her but when I opened my mouth no voice came. I tried again and the result was same.

"Let me see" the doctor came forward and in reflex I moved towards my mom who was beside me.

"Emma baby listen. She is a doctor let her just examine you there is no need to be afraid of her" my dad said who was standing beside mom.

I looked at mom and she nodded in conformation so I let the doctor examine me. She looked at me and my parents for few seconds and said "I am sorry Mr. Campbell I think your daughter lost her voice"