15| Pika Pi, Pikachu!

Today is Children's Day and here I am at the mall all dressed up as Pikachu from the famous children's anime series, Pokémon

All I've been doing since morning is taking out pictures and stamping Pikachu's little paw print on postcards for these children but they seem really overjoyed so naturally am I too.

"Eomma! It's a female version of Pikachu!"

I've heard that line countless of times today and usually after that line they come running towards me at top speed just to have their photo taken with me- like I had mentioned.

This experience is golden and pretty cute but at the same time I'm praying on my lucky stars that no-one from school decides to suddenly show up because like always, embarrassment is my worst enemy and I'll die from it.

I glance over at my watch after the little kid runs off and it's just after noon. My employer said I could take my break anytime from after noon and as I ponder if I should my eyes scales across the platform.

There, I see a male version Pikachu, so he can easily take over for the both of us but then again I'm not all that famished. Maybe I'll just wait another hour.

A few minutes into the clicking of photos and stamping of postcards I suddenly get a phone call. I quickly finish off with the kids and move towards a corner. There I pull out my smartphone only to see that I'm receiving a call from Jimin.

The sight confuses me but I answer it nonetheless.

"Jimin ssi?" I speak into the receiver.

"Ah Soo Yeong ah~, annyeong." His voice sounds breathless. "Are you busy?"

"Ah, well... Sort of. Why?" I question, with a worried expression. "And why are you so breathless?"

"Aish... Dance practice is going on longer than expected and I promised to meet Taehyung ah~ at the mall after noon. Can you take my place if you're aren't busy? He needs to get a gift for his grandmother. I really can't bail practice and I feel bad for ditching him." Jimin explains a mouthful and I'm taken a back by his dilemma.

Jimin's implores are hitting me straight in the heart because he sounds genuinely hurt but I really don't want anyone to know that I'm working this casual job.

What do I do?

"What about Jungkook ah~?" I question, hoping that he'll be able to take up the task.

"You know I already tried." Jimin sighs. "And he's stuck with his computer games."

"Typical Jungkook..." I sigh. I guess I'll have to take my break sooner than expected then. "Fine but you owe me okay?"

"Thank you Soo Yeong ah~. You're the best! I promise I'll make you dumplings!" He exclaims but I only chuckle.

We say our good-byes then hang up and immediately after I heave the heaviest sigh I ever did.