Chapter eight

Soon enough, the end of the day came.

Everyone rushed outside to the bus as soon as the bell rang, and they sat near the back of the bus to talk with each other again.

"So.." Roman started. "I heard my brother invited you all to our house for a sleep over.."

"Yep!" Remus said with a smile on his face.

"I do not know who most of you are but if Patton is there I guess I can participate." Logan said, pushing his glasses up.

"I have an idea!" Patton gasped cutely, looking like an excited puppy, which made Logan blush and Remy smirk.

"We could play get to know each other games at the sleep over like 21 questions, or one truth and two lies- or- ooh! Maybe never have I ever! and hey! If you want to ruin the friendship we grow over the night, we can play monopoly!"

"Sounds cool, babes." Remy said, sipping the Starbucks coffee he somehow always had. Then he said, "but could we throw in some truth or dare?"

"Yes!" They all said at the same time- well except for Virgil.

"Hey, Virgil's been awfully quiet! What do you think?!" Roman's voice boomed.

Virgil flinched back and covered himself, looking like he was expecting to be hit.

"Hey!" Remus said quietly to Roman.
"Don't be so loud and demanding with my poor best friend!"

"Oh I can be very demanding." Roman winked.

Virgil looked up and said "sorry" quietly in a shaky voice.

"Why is he so jumpy?" Roman asked Remus.

"I can't say because Virgil doesn't really trust any of you."

"Oh. Well he seems pretty shy." Emile said.

"Maybe we could help bring him out of his shell!" Patton said in excitement.

The bus stopped and Virgil had to get off. He gulped and said, "maybe...bye guys." At a normal tone of voice instead of his usual quiet tone.

"Wow!" Janus said as soon as Virgil got off the bus. "That's the first time i've heard him talk that loud with anyone except me or Remus in years!"

"That was loud for him?" Remy asked.

"Yes. That's practically an ear shattering scream knowing him." Remus said.

"This guy needs some help, babes." Remy said, before realizing he got off in the same spot Virgil did, and quickly ran off of the bus.

Soon enough, everyone in the group was off of the bus and preparing for the sleepover.

--------------------

Virgil stepped off the bus and started shaking. 'You can do this. It will be okay. He's most likely passed out on the couch drunk anyways. Just grab what you need, leave a note explaining where you are, and go to Remus's house.' Virgil thought to himself, fear radiating off of every part of his body.

He stepped to the door, contemplating what he should do.

He decided to open the door to the house, he stepped in, closed his eyes and flinched. He was surprised no beer bottles flew towards him this time.

He opened his eyes slowly and looked over to the couch, and as he suspected, his father was asleep with beer staining his shirt, and was snoring loudly.

Virgil looked over in the kitchen and spotted his mother at the sink washing dishes, humming the tune of 'Sincerely, Me' and bouncing around enthusiastically.

Something about his mother's humming was soothing and calming.

Virgil's mom was always doing everything she could to help Virgil. She knew Virgil struggled with anxiety and depression.

Virgil's father refused to 'waste' money to pay for medicine or therapy sessions to help, but Virgil's mother worked extra nights and hours at her job and managed to be able to save money for anxiety and depression pills for Virgil without his dad finding out.

Sometimes she was able to pay for counseling, and other stuff like stress toys and things to help her son through anxiety and panic attacks.

She looked up breathing techniques and coping mechanisms too, trying them out with Virgil a lot to find out which ones worked best and which ones triggered him even more. She found out that touching him made him panic more so she usually avoided that when she could tell he was on edge or in one of his attacks.

Humming or singing to him while guiding him through breathing exercises usually worked best though.

Virgil was happy his mother worked so hard for him and cared so much, but he always felt so guilty.

"Virgil, dear!" His mother said and smiled up at him. She tried her hands off on a rag as she finished washing the dishes.

"Yes mom?" He asked smiling back.

She grinned wider and said, "what do you think I should make for dinner?"

He tried to think of something his parents liked. "Well, we all love spaghetti, so maybe that?"

Her eyes lit up and she said, "That's a great idea, champ! Thank you, I can always count on you!" She kissed his forehead and started to make dinner.

"Also..." Virgil began, "I'm going to have a sleepover at Remus's house with Janus and five other people. We're trying to all become friends.."

His mother's eyes widened, ahe dropped the pasta spoon, smiled brightly while jumping up and down, clapping and said, "awe my beautiful son is making more friends! This is amazing! Have fun darling! Don't forget to bring your stress toy and pills just in case!"

"Thanks mom! I will!" Virgil went upstairs to quickly grab some stuff he would need, then went downstairs.

"Bye mom!"

"Bye Virgil!" She smiled, blowing her son a kiss, and picking up the pasta spoon.

While she was bent over, her husband walked over and smacked her backside.

She gasped and blushed, hitting him away, saying "Andrew! That is not appropriate!" To her husband.

Andrew chuckled and said, "sorry Lucia."

Lucia rolled her eyes and kissed her husband, thinking of what would happen later for swatting him away.
(A/N: they're going to have some big fun)

Virgil walked out of his house and walked to Remus's. He smiled brightly for once.

When he got to the house, everybody else was already there.

"Took you long enough babes." Remy said with an eyeroll.