Royal Talk

CHAPTER 13

CHAPTER 13

"You okay?" Carlos asks Lonnie who is waiting at the end of the tunnel. Jay had gone to start the car.

"Yeah, I'm good," Lonnie answers.

"Nice work out there, Lonnie," Carlos says. "Come on, Dude, hop in. Oh, now you listen to me." Dude gets into the limo. Jay is waiting at the driver side door with the limo started.

"Let's go," Evie tells Bree and Lonnie as she exits the tunnel.

"Come on, Evie, get in," Carlos says. Evie, Bree, and Lonnie throw their swords in the trunk.

"Mal!" Ben calls back into the tunnel. Mal comes out and Ben grabs her hand. Jay gets into the limo.

"Come on, come on, come on. Swords," Lonnie says as Ben and Mal run over. Ben and Mal put their swords in the trunk. Lonnie closes the trunk before she gets in the front while Ben and Mal get in the back.

"I'm really sorry that things didn't go the way you wanted them to," Ben apologizes.

"I mean, as long as you're safe, that's..." Mal says.

"Well, I mean, at least I got to see the Isle. They're my people, too. Uma helped me see that," Ben explains.

"Ben, Uma captured you," Mal states shocked.

"She's an angry girl with a bad plan. That's not so different from you when you came to Auradon, Mal," Ben says and Mal looks at him with a mix of shock and hurt.

"Awkward," Dude says as Mal and Ben look away from each other.

"Dude, I know you can talk, but it doesn't always mean you should," Carlos tells Dude.

"Here we go," Jay calls before they pass through the barrier.

"I'll get these back to the gym," Lonnie tells Jay as they are walking back to the dorms.

"Thanks," Jay tells her.

"See you later," Lonnie tells everyone before walking off.

"Ben, there you are," Jane calls as she walks over. "Cotillion's tonight. Come here. Look, this is the stained glass window for Mal." Jane shows him, Mal with green eyes. "Isn't it beautiful? She's gonna love it."

"Do you want to cancel?" Ben asks as her turns to Mal, who was zoned out.

"Um, you know what? I can come back. Uh, but, like, really, really soon," Jane says as she gets awkward.

"No, no, no. No, no, no. Now's fine. Um..." Ben says as he looks at the picture again before turning back to Mal. "Do whatever you need to do." Ben then turns to Bree. "We need to talk."

"Yeah," Bree says as they start walking away.

"So..." Ben says as they stand in his office.

"Um, well... I'm a mess. I'm such a mess. I mean, six months ago, I was, you know, just your sister and now everybody wants me to be this pretty pink princess. And I have no idea how to keep up the act," Bree explains.

"Then don't. We're always gonna be the kids chosen to set standards. We are going to have to do what we have to survive. But this has made us who we are. And we're never gonna be like anybody else here. And that's okay," Ben explains to Bree. "And we can't fake it."

"I like that," Bree says with a smile before hugging Ben. "And there's my brother I've been missing."

"So, Harry," Ben starts.

"I think he might be my pull," Bree says with smile causing Ben to let out a sigh.

"King Ben, Princess Bree, you have visitors," Deborah says as she opens the door.

"Send them in," Ben tells her. The first thing Ben and Bree notice is a glow and a hook before things start to go fuzzy.