Chapter 36

Taehyung couldn't get Jungkook out of his head ever since Jimin and Hoseok had brought up the fact that Taehyung liked the younger boy on a deeper level than just a good friendship. Taehyung had come to the realisation that he liked Jungkook way more than just as a friend and the thought made him terrified. For one he didn't know if Jungkook liked him back or if he even liked men and second he had no idea how to tell Jungkook about his feelings.

Luckily for Taehyung the two other boys weren't scared about those two things at all and both Hoseok and Jimin were already planning how to get Taehyung to confess to their Kookie and how to get Jungkook to like Taehyung back.

"Tae?" Hoseok started to get the blonde's attention. "We need to find out if he likes you back. Does he ever do something that might indicate he has feelings for you?"

Taehyung looked up at Hoseok, not really getting what he was hinting at. He had no idea if Jungkook ever did something romantic towards him, Taehyung had never paid attention to that aspect of their relationship. Of course they got along pretty well and they like to be in each other's company, but he had no idea if their ever were any romantic feelings involved.

"Does he ever call you cute names or does he do sweet things for you?" Jimin asked, his head in his hands and a soft smile on his face.

Taehyung turned his head towards Jimin, a slight feeling of panic rising in his chest. He had no idea if Jungkook did those things, he didn't even know what Jimin meant with sweet things. "I..I don't know."

"No cuddles or kisses? Special meals? Nicknames? I'm sure our Kookie does some of these things." Jimin continued softly, the smile on his face still there.

A soft sigh left Taehyung's lips, sure Jungkook did some of those things but that wouldn't mean he had romantic feelings for the elder. Most friends do those things, right? Taehyung slowly opened his mouth to answer Jimin's question, not really sure if he would give the other boy the answers he was looking for.  "Well, he cooks for me and there was a glass of water with some painkillers on my nightstand this morning."

Both Hoseok and Jimin squinted their eyes a little, clearly thinking about Taehyung's answer and if it was enough for them to say that Jungkook liked Taehyung too. A short silence fell over the three boys before Hoseok started to speak again, not completely satisfied with Taehyung's answer. "Is that all he does though? There must be something better, right? Isn't there something more intimate going on between you two?"

Taehyung's head turned as red as a tomato, his eyes grew big and he immediately looked down at the floor. "I..uhm....well we share a bed. Back in the prison Jungkook got beaten up quite a lot and I cooled his bruises with some water and my blanket. Because of the cold we shared a bed every night.......we still do."

Jimin and Hoseok immediately shared a look between them, a huge grin showing up on their faces. "Tae....Kook doesn't share his stuff.....With nobody. I'm telling you, you are special to him. I think you have a solid chance here." Jimin smiled while he put his hand over Taehyung's back to calm him down.

Taehyung slowly lifted his head, his eyes crossing with Jimin's. A soft glimmer of hope in the blonde's eyes but also a lot of fear. "You don't even know if he likes men."

Loud laughs erupted almost instantly in the room after Taehyung's words. The two older boys almost started to cry from laughter while Taehyung had no idea what it was that made them laugh so much. "Tae." Jimin started while he still giggled like crazy. "Kookie is a hundred percent gay. He's even had a boyfriend way back..........didn't last for long though. The boy was gone before we could introduce ourselves to him."

Taehyung's body somewhat relaxed at Jimin's statement, relieved that his feelings weren't completely irrelevant. He had no idea if Jungkook liked him, but at least there was somewhat of a chance now.

"Okay, we need a plan to see if he likes you back though." Hoseok started, a devilish grin on his face. "How about you cook him his favourite meal. After that you will watch a romantic movie and try to kiss him."

Taehyung's eyes turned as big as saucers, immediately shaking his head no. "I can't do that, I can't kiss him like that."

Hoseok stroked his chin softly, thinking of another plan that would also work but wouldn't involve the kissing part since Taehyung wasn't okay with it. "How about you just cook him a meal and see where it goes from there?"

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows while a deep sigh left his mouth. "I can't cook."

"Nobody fucks up pasta, trust me this is going to work." Hoseok smiled, encouraging Taehyung.

Three hours later and oh dear was Hoseok wrong. Taehyung had, after a lot of encouraging from the two other boys, indeed gone with the cooking plan. To say that it went according to plan would be a complete misunderstanding. Just ten minutes in and the pan with water had already boiled over, the pasta had fallen down on the floor and the sauce had to much salt in it. Taehyung's attempts to try and  save it all made the whole ordeal even worse, the whole plan turning into a complete disaster. By now Taehyung had tried to save the sauce with some pepper, turning the whole sauce into a spicy and salty mess. His pasta had gone on fire from hanging out of the pan too much and his vegetables were basically stuck to the bottom of the pan, filling the whole apartment with a terrible burning smell.

Taehyung's whole body started to panic at the mess he had created, knowing for sure his chances with Jungkook would be ruined if he saw all of it.

Suddenly two hands were placed on Taehyung's shoulders, turning him around and making him come face to face with none other than Jeon Jungkook himself. "What are you doing?" A soft laugh left Jungkook's mouth.

"I..I tried to cook for you, you always do it for me so I wanted to do something back." Taehyung mumbled, more than ashamed about his bad attempt of cooking a meal for the younger.

"It smells like something is dying in here Tae and I'm pretty sure they are your vegetables." Jungkook laughed again, pushing Taehyung a little to the side to turn off the gas under all the pans.

A small pout formed on Taehyung's face, he wanted to impress the younger and make him fall for him but everything just had to go wrong and it made him look like a complete idiot.

Jungkook turned around. He saw the pout on Taehyung's face almost immediately and without a second thought he had embraced the elder in his arms, feeling pity for the fact that Taehyung had tried so hard and it had gone completely wrong. "Relax, it's okay. No need to feel sad about it. We can ask Jin if he can make us something, okay? I do really appreciate the effort you put into it though." Jungkook loosened his embrace a little to look into Taehyung's eyes. "Don't be sad okay? I hate to see that beautiful face turn into a sad one."

Taehyung's face turned fully red at the statement, making Jungkook laugh softly. "Just don't worry about it, it's okay baby."

Taehyung's heart started to beat rapidly in his chest, his hands became clam and his head turned even redder. Jungkook had just called him beautiful and baby within two sentences and it made the blonde go completely nuts inside his head. Butterflies erupted in his stomach and a warm feeling started to spread through his body. Never had he picked up on Jungkook's remarks as flirty or romantic, but now that he knew there was a chance Jungkook might like him too he couldn't ignore them anymore. Jungkook was definitely flirting with him and Taehyung had been too dense to even notice it all this time.

Jungkook slowly raised his head a little up, bringing it right next to Taehyung's cheek. Taehyung's heart started to beat even harder and his whole body now felt like it was on fire. The butterflies in his stomach started to move like crazy while his breathing picked up too. Jungkook hesitated a little before Taehyung could feel a small peck on his left cheek, leaving a pleasant tingling feeling behind as soon as Jungkook removed his lips from Taehyung's cheek.

A soft silence fell over the boys, both not knowing what their next move was gonna be.