{PROLOGUE}

°

°

THE LITTLE PRINCESS RHAENYRA WAS AMAZED AT THE CASTLE SHE FOUND HERSELF STANDING IN. Large parts of the red stone it was built out of had been destroyed after her mother's attack on the castle and the city on Drogon. Daenerys had afterwards, when the smoke of battle had cleared, given explicit orders that Rhaenyra was to not explore the castle alone, fearing that if her little daughter ventured out in the ruin she had made of the castle Rhaenyra might end up hurt. But before giving her victory speech to her forces of Unsullied soldiers and Dothraki screamers, Daenerys knelt down before her daughter and pressed a quick kiss to her forehead, smiling at her before promising that soon they would go and explore the castle together. She promised her daughter that.

But Rhaenyra didn't want to wait and with quick and silent steps she had managed to sneak away from the soldiers currently tasked with keeping an eye on her. She passed Drogon's resting form outside the castle, greeting him with some scratches to his warm scales before entering the ruin where she had previously seen her mother enter and later the northern man Jon Snow follow her close behind.

The Princess went forward with a cheerful skip in her steps, letting her long silver hair flow down her back, unbraided. A smile spread on her lips and her violet eyes twinkled as Rhaenyra started to dream up scenarios of what she would get up to now that all the wars had been won and her mother finally had control over the Iron Throne, perhaps they would spend more time together. Rhaenyra would like that very much.

So when Rhaenyra entered a large and open room which had parts of the walls and ceiling destroyed by Drogon's fire where she saw Jon Snow kneeling on the ground infront of the Iron Throne next to her mother's body, the Princess did not understand what was happening. 

At first Rhaenyra didn't see how Jon's shoulders were shaking from the silent sobs he tried his best to suppress when he heard the faint tapping of footsteps coming closer, she did not take notice of how her mother's body was unnaturaly pale and limp. So not realizing what had occured Rhaenyra skipped forward with a childish smile on her lips.

"Muña!  You promised we would explore the Red Keep together!" Rhaenyra called out, her pale eyebrows furrowed when Daenerys never answered her and when the man who held her limp body froze, "You remember that you promised me, don't you?"

Rhaenyra came to a sudden halt a few steps away from Jon, her smile now having vanished and a small pout replacing it.

Jon glanced over his left shoulder, but upon seeing the face of the child that reminded him so much of the woman he had just murdered he felt his heart shatter all over again, "I'm so sorry, Rhaenyra, but I had to do it! I was forced to act, what your mother did to this city could not be ignored... I'm sorry!"

Rhaenyra gathered enough courage to step closer and catch a glimpse of her mother who remained still and quiet. Daenerys never acted like this with her daughter. She always had a smile on her face when Rhaenyra was close and laughed with her and talked with her if time would permit it.