Part 3

The tall, black-haired young woman strolled relaxed with her padawan through the light-flooded arcades of the Jedi temple. Her long thick hair fell in gentle waves over her shoulders and was braided in artful braids around her smooth face with sensually full lips.

The dark-skinned padawan next to her was a teenager, with a bright mind and dark soulfull eyes.

"Tell me, Master Beeryn, why did our old master never look for her partner to balance, as she recommends in the new Jedi order?" He frowned and continued: "It seems very old-fashioned to me and contradicts her own rules..."

The Jedi master stopped with a smile. Her expressive green-brown eyes fell on him. She leaned into the boy in a flowing motion and replied, "Well, then you should ask master Rey about it yourself." She looked behind the boy and straightened up again and spoke: "I greet you, mother!"

The padawan turned hastily and saw that the old master was standing right behind him.

Leaning on a walking stick, she raised her eyebrow: "Jason! Five hours of training and still you are not running out of questions? Your father will not be delighted, he made me promise to challenge you so that you fall into bed tired the moment you were at home." She looked at him sternly but there was a smile in her eyes.

"I apologize for my curiosity, Aunt Rey, ... I mean, master Rey!" He blushed. She shrugged slightly and replied, "The curiosity of the youth is the fuel for improvement, so I won't curse them." She paused and looked down the aisle.

A tall man with long blond hair tied back hurried up the aisle towards them.

However, he had focused his concentration on only one person in the small group; the beautiful young Jedi with the braided hair. He walked straight up to her until they were only a finger apart. She looked up at him with a played strict gaze. "Temiri Blagg, that's no way to blow up a conversation!" she rebuked him playfully. He continued to stare intently into her eyes.

Without interrupting his eyes, he said in a deep voice: "I'm sorry, Jason, I have to "kidnap" your master now, she still has other missions to complete today!"

Rey rolled her eyes and replied, "I'm sure we don't want to know any details about these miraculous missions, thanks Temiri!" He laughed and his huge chest rose and fell: "I wasn't going to go into details ... thanks Mum!" She smiled indulgently: "If you two disappear, I will accompany Jason to the exit, I still owe him an answer." Temiri nodded in agreement, then grabbed Beeryn and threw her over his shoulder.

"Temiri! Let me down or I'll throw you at a flock of Blembies! You know there are plenty here on Naboo!" He just laughed, twisted her petite body so that she lay comfortably in his arms and kissed her tenderly as he trudged down the aisle with her and disappeared around the next corner. Her bright laugh was heard for a while and then faded away.

Jason watched them with a grimacing face: "Disgusting! I cannot explain how this kissing should be fun! I will do it like you, master Rey, and stay alone!"

Rey looked at him patiently and replied: "One day you too will be connected to a wonderful other soul in love, just like my daughter found her counterpart in Temiri. By then you will probably find the idea more appealing!"

He looked at her doubtfully and she continued: "That I have no companion simply has to do with the fact that my love never left me. So I never had the need to look for another one, you understand?" They walked slowly down the aisle and were almost at the exit when he replied: "What does that mean, love never left you?" She stopped at the gate and looked with her wise eyes into is:

"My counterpart, my soul mate, you know him as Ben Solo, long ago became one with the force and therefore is always connected to me." He looked up in surprise and said, "Oh, I didn't know ... and how ..." but then he was interrupted by another voice: "Jason, are you bothering master Rey again with your countless questions?" Both turned to the slightly gray man who had spoken to them and Rey shouted: "Master Finn! How nice to see you again and intact!" Both hugged each other warmly and Jason let himself be hugged by his father with slight reluctance "Dad! Please!"

"We landed a few hours ago. I'll give you a report on our mission tomorrow. You look tired, Rey!" He looked at her closely. "We are always tired now, Finn, you should know that best." She winked and he smiled back. "All right, let's go home now, your mother is waiting for us." he said to the boy. "Greet Jennah from me!" Rey called after them as they left.

When the two had left, Rey went to her quarters. She closed the doors behind her, put the staff aside and slowly walked through the rooms to the spacious terrace, which offered a wonderful view of the sundown over the extensive lake landscape of Naboo. Over the years, Rey had come to appreciate the overwhelming sight of so much green and blue, even though she had spent the first time of her life in the desert. This was the landscape that belonged to the ancestors of her chosen bloodline. She loved the landscape for it. She relaxed and concentrated on the view.

When her breathing deepened she said softly: "Darling, are you here?" A moment later she heard his deep voice right behind her back: "Of course I'm here, where else should I be?" She smiled and closed her eyes, enjoying his proximity to her. When she turned slowly he was standing in front of her. He was shrouded in the typical shine of the force ghosts. This warm smile, full of love, that she was able to experience for the first time in her last moments on Exegol so many years ago, was only for her.

"Ben" she just said and he leaned down to kiss her gently. It wasn't a real kiss because a touch was not possible in the state he was in now, but she always felt the pure energy of the force flowing between them when he did this. That was enough for her, it had to be enough.

He raised his head and looked at her closely. "You look tired, love!"

"Finn said that too, finally you two agreed!"

"And what else did the traitor say to you?" Ben asked with an ironic smile.

"Please don't call him that!" she gave back angrily and he laughed softly:

"It has always been easy to annoy my darling" She took a deep breath for an angry answer, but then had to laugh. "He has completed his mission and will report to me tomorrow ... she paused.

He nodded and then asked: "And what is our little one doing?"

"Our "little one" is now an adult and is currently on the way to a "private mission" with her loved one, if you know what I mean ..."

He frowned and looked so grim that she had to laugh: "I'm still not sure if this blonde bonehead deserves our daughter ...!" he said and a reflection of his dark side seemed to be reflected on his face.

She was laughing a little louder: "Oh Ben, for you - anyway - no man in the whole galaxy is worth having your daughter! And I love you for it, but leave them both alone. She loves him, they are meant for each other." He grumbled something incomprehensible but didn't say anything else.

Rey approached him and smiled at him: "I know you would like to speak to her yourself. You would like to show her how much you love her. Unfortunately we have so far not been able to get her to communicate with you ... well apart from the short appearances when she was a child," she smiled at the memory of it, "do you remember how she ran back from the forest to me and said a "black angel" had keep her from falling down a big slope? I almost fainted until I knew who the "black angel" was." She winked at him, "you could have really changed your appearance for your first encounter, instead of the usual black ..."

He looked down at her with a warm look: "Sweetheart, there was no time for that, because your daughter has the same impulsive mind like you and would otherwise have crashed."

Rey nodded: "I know, I know, at least you are gracious enough to adapt your appearance to my age over the years so that my ego doesn't suffer too much." She looked into his green-brown intense eyes, which looked like always. However, his face, like hers, was wrinkled, as was his black hair with streaks of gray. "Thank you for that ..." she said and gave him a crooked smile.

"Darling, I only adapted to your beauty, that's all" he replied. "A liar and charmer like your father!" she replied with a laugh.

She went to her bed and lay down on it. A moment later he lay next to her, his shining hand on hers. She felt the flow of energy and closed her eyes contentedly: "Darling? I'm so tired, I finally want to be with you, one with the force, reunited with you!"

He turned on his side and stroked her cheek with his other hand. "Rey, it will be soon, but not yet, be patient. Beeryn and the others still need you. Only for a while, sweetheart, I promise!"

She opened her eyes and returned his loving look:

"Then for another while. I'll do my best!" Both looked at each other until Rey fell into a quiet sleep.