8

Though they have already went back and have themselves perfectly settled inside Yeonjun's designated room, it did not even cross Soobin's mind to leave the other boy alone. It's clear that the older of the two isn't in that much difficulty anymore unlike earlier. He now has his oxygen tube connected and set in between his nostrils to help him breathe properly but Soobin still refuses to go.

Call it sheer luck or something, but they were both really thankful that nobody managed to catch them sneaking in and out. Imagine the trouble they'll be into if Namjoon happens to be standing in there outside Soobin's room waiting for their arrival.

The jet-black haired boy couldn't even picture the amount of nagging he'll receive.

Especially that one of them unfortunately experienced the feared situation.

It's a no-brainer that he'll get an earful, both physically and figuratively because Namjoon will surely flick his ear so bad to discipline him in some sort.

Soobin looks up from the book he's reading when he heard Yeonjun called out his name. The male is lying there on his bed, staring at him with defeated eyes that are illuminated by the lamp on his bedside table.

"I'm sorry." Yeonjun softly says. He feels as though it was his fault that they have to go back so quickly. He blames himself and it bothers him so much that they only have little to no chances of doing that again but here he is, wasting the first time like an imbecile dirt.

They could've been out there, having fun and trying out things they weren't able to—pretending that they're fine and completely normal just like everyone else.

But he really just has to break that.

Upon hearing that phrase, a frown automatically found its way across Soobin's face. He sets the book aside and gets up off the couch to walk towards Yeonjun. The latter silently watching him as he does so.

Yeonjun shifts a little to make space for Soobin to sit on, which the other was more than willing to take. Soobin then sits down, turns himself and faces Yeonjun who's already been looking at him.

"What are you apologizing for?"

"You know it."

"No, I'm afraid I don't."

This made the older avert Soobin's gaze. He turns to look at the cupboard on his left, his vision scanning over the medicines and different apparatus resting peacefully on their places. It annoys him. Reminds him of the things that are wrong with his life, himself included.

"I ruined it," Yeonjun gasps out the words. All of a sudden he feels like talking is such a painful task.

"You didn't ruin anythi—"

"I did," he cuts off the other male rather sternly. He looks back up at Soobin again, his gaze sharp but his eyes are upset. There's anger behind them but the sadness lingers around more. "I ruined our night— we were supposed to have fun. Be reckless and irresponsible and be plainly carefree but I just have to ruin it because of this– this stupid illness that's slowly tearing me apart! Who knows when we'll have a chance like this again? Soobin, knowing them they wouldn't allow that to happen. We're trapped in here, we can't go out."

It isn't his intention to let a few tears fell, but here they are. Pouring out of his eyes like nobody's business.

To say that Soobin doesn't feel his heart breaking would be a great lie.

He feels that way too, all the fucking time. But having to hear it from someone else?

It's definitely a different story.

However, he told himself it's not the time to wallow in self-pity.

"You talk as if I don't have the same illness too, silly." Soobin shakes his head, reaching his hand out to wipe the tears away from Yeonjun's cheeks. The brown haired male closes his eyes and let Soobin do what he's doing.

"But listen—as I said, you did not ruin anything. We still snuck out, thank god they didn't catch us; especially Namjoon hyung or else we'll be doomed, we tried things, didn't we? Eating ice cream in winter, that's a bold move. And to think that we're not allowed to eat ice cream?" Soobin lets out a chuckle. Yeonjun finds it melodic and calming, he wouldn't mind listening to it all day long.

"And I'm pretty sure we had fun. You had fun, isn't that right?"

Yeonjun nods slowly.

"See? It was still fun, we just had to go back earlier than you expected— it's not your fault though, okay? I was feeling tired too so don't sweat it."

"Are you sure you're not just saying that to make me feel better?"

Soobin shakes his head again, he sends Yeonjun a small smile before taking one of the male's hand in between the both of his. He doesn't know why he did it, but he did and he doesn't want to let go.

You see, the thing he noticed the first time is that, Yeonjun's hands fit perfectly with his own.

"It's fun for me, do you know why?"

Yeonjun glances at him with genuine curiousity, "Why?"

"Try guessing~"

"I don't know."

"Come on, just try once."

The brunette's brows creased in deep thought. After a moment of silence, he blurts out, "The food?"

"That's the second reason."

"Then what's the first?"

The grin on Soobin's face widen upon seeing the pout on the latter's lips, it made him look even more adorable.

"It was fun because I was with you the whole time."

Yeonjun's heart skipped a beat for a second, he feels his cheeks heating up and it began to feel awkward to stare back on Soobin's eyes.

"I like being with you."

He has to avoid eye contact or else Yeonjun's heart will go even wilder.

What does this guy thinks he's doing? Saying those words and looking at him like that? Holding his hand like that?

Who gave this guy the authority to make him feel like this?

Isn't it a little too early for this?

He'd just known the other for a couple days.

Is it allowed to feel this way so fast?