Chapter 19. The big bad Alpha

I heard the heavy footsteps of someone coming down the hall. I could also smell the food they were carrying. I smelled bread, peanut butter, and grape jelly. My stomach rumbled even though a PB&J did not sound appetizing to my wolf side in the slightest. I was parched so I hoped they brought some water along. When the person was close to my cell I smelled cedar wood and oranges. Then Brian came into view. He seemed shocked looking at me.

"I know who you are. Michael is trying to get you out. The alpha will be down later. Your food is supposed to be laced with silver so act weak. He wants to know who you are but Michael says it isn't safe." Brian whispered as he passed me the food.

I cocked my head to the side but then nodded my head. Eating the sandwich in wolf form was quite the challenge. I was sure I looked ridiculous and the look on Brian's face confirmed my thoughts. He was trying very hard to hold laughter in. The peanut butter stuck to the roof of my mouth and it was a laborious task trying to get it off.

Brian passed me a bowl of water and I drank it greedily. It thankfully removed the rest of the peanut butter that was stuck. Brian removed the tray and bowl and walked back out after telling me good luck.

I laid back down on my front paws. Lilith and I were both on alert, listening for anything we could. We now knew we were in Michael's pack. We had to try to pretend to be weak but also had to keep our identity secret. I wasn't sure why Michael would want to keep my identity secret from his own father but I trusted his judgement.

Sometime later Brian, Michael, and two other werewolves in human form that I didn't recognize came into the prison. Following behind them was Mr Lincoln. Alpha Alan. His nearly black eyes glared into my own. He was an intimidating man, he used to scare me. But now, with my wolf, I was not scared.

"Shift!" He commanded me using what must've his alpha tone. I knew from previous conversations that strong wolves, typically alphas betas and thirds, could command lesser wolves. I was not a lesser wolf.

I just stared at him. I could see Michael, uncomfortable and worried but beaming with pride, out of the corner of my eye. Alpha Alan, however, got visibly much more mad. "Shift!" He commanded again. I just lazily cocked my head to the side.

"If you won't shift willingly then I will torture it out of you!" The alpha bellowed.

"No!" Michael shouted. I knew he had been trying to hold it in but the thought of me being tortured must've pushed him over the edge. "She is the white wolf, you can't just torture her!" He added trying to hide his true feelings.

Alpha Alan sneered at his son, then replied in a tone seething with contempt, "I am your Alpha, you will do as I say. And you will be the one to do it, son."

Michael was trembling with rage. I was terrified of what he was going to do. My identity was important to keep hidden, but at what cost? Surely we could trust his father?

No, little one. We must trust our mate's judgement. If he told us to keep it from his father then there must be a reason. At any time he could request for us to shift if he changed his mind. Follow what he's said for now.

"She is a white wolf. They are sacred, special, and rare. Not to mention powerful. You really want to make an enemy of one?" Michael responded. Trying very hard to keep his anger in check. The alpha seemed to think about it and left the room in a huff. I could tell Michael wanted to come to us as he glanced over, but he followed his father and the others out.

There was no noise and no visitors for several hours. Talking with Lilith was enjoyable but I was growing tired of this cell. I was also exhausted and ready to lay down in my bed in human form.