35

I sighed and crossed my hands on the desk and put my head over it. Even though it was just the first lecture, I was already dreading it and this was so not me. I love attending lectures, just not maths and sometimes history even, but English? I'd never missed it in my entire life, but today was just different.

I was feeling bored.

Has it ever happened to you that you feel down and bored with the very first breathing of the new day? Like you just open your eyes and you are like ughh, not today, like you want to skip that day and you feel like an angry penguin or is it just me?

The bell rang soon and I made a beeline towards the door looking down at the floor and sighing every now and then. Stella and Ethan stopped asking me if I was okay after the ninth time when they realised there was nothing wrong with me and I was just having an off day.

Such an irony that only last night, I was having the best time of my life and now, I was having the most boring day. I wanted nothing more than to get under my blanket and take a twelve hour nap, but we don't always get what we want.

As I was walking down the hallway towards my next class, I heard Klaus calling my name, so I turned around and gave him a lazy smile, waving my hand in the process,

"Wow, you look tired." He said with an amused expression.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked.

"Nope, just heard your friends talking about how you were acting zombie." He chuckled and I glared at the direction of my friends who were busy slapping each other's arms.

Weird.

"Rude." I muttered under my breath.

"They aren't wrong though. What's up with you?" He asked and we started walking towards our next class— No, my next class, why was he walking with me was beyond my thinking.

"Nothing, I am just feeling tired." I shrugged my shoulders and he stopped in his track, looking straight at me with a huge smile plastered on his face. I was nervous all of a sudden because I knew that smile was not your regular smile, it was more of a 'hey, let's do something illegal' kind of a smile.

"I have a way to make your day better." He said excitedly and as much as I knew that his way was going to get me in trouble, I couldn't say no because he genuinely looked really excited.

"Which is?"

"Let's skip school." He said, nonchalantly and I almost shouted, "Skip school?!"

"Yes and go to my place." He added.

"Your place?!"

"Yes, so let's go and look for mom."

"You mean the principal?!"

"Till when are you deciding to repeat my words?" He asked and my cheeks turned pink out of utter and pure embarassment. I glared at him and started walking away when he grabbed my arm and started dragging my towards principal's office.

"No! Leave my hand. I don't want to go anywhere." I contemplated and tried to pull my hand away from his grip.

"But I want to take you somewhere. Now, act like a shy little bae of my bro and keep walking." And there went my cheeks again. As much as I wanted to retort back, I couldn't as I was still busy blushing to the bones. He took this opportunity to pull me quickly towards principal's office.

Not even five minutes later, we were standing inside Mrs. Michaels' office. Not bragging, but I had a reply good record and reputation maintained before all the professors and Mrs. Michaels which I was not planning on ruining anytime soon, but guess it was not that long before I actually ruin my report.

"Klaus, what are you doing here baby?" He didn't look even a bit fazed about his mom calling him baby before me, infact he looked chilled.

Ofcourse, he was looking chill, he was talking to his mother!

"We are going to bunk rest of the lectures, mom. Just wanted to tell you that." My eyes widened at the boldness of his words. What happened to asking for permissions?

"I did not take you as someone who bunks their lectures Ms. Summers." She spoke, professionalism dripping off her voice.

I started fidgeting with the hem of my sleeves nervously and looked down at the ground in shame, "I, erm, not—"

"Do you know how bad will it look on your report?" She went again and I could almost feel my eyes getting wet.

"You are going to make her cry." Klaus said and he had no idea how much I wanted to pinch his arm.

"As a principal of this school, I need to know why one of the best students of my school wants to bunk rest of their lectures."

"You are scaring her, mom."

"That is the point."

"I am taking her home." He said, ignoring her previous statement and she just stared at his face, surprised. She sat up straight, looking at me, then him and then at me again, before saying something that made me go pink.

"I thought she was with Dante?"

I started coughing at this and did not dare looking up considering how embarrassed I was. How did she even know about Dante and I when there was no Dante and I in the first place? I was going to kill Klaus, I was so going to kill Klaus.

I glared at him with flushed cheeks and he pinched my cheeks as if I was a baby. He placed his hand over my shoulder and pulled me closer making my cheeks squish against his strong chest.

"She is with Dante, mom." He spoke and I retorted almost instantly, "No, I am not! He is lying."

"Oh, it's okay, sweetheart, no need to lie."

"I am not!"

Klaus chuckled at my poor state and I swear I even saw Mrs. Michaels smile mischievously at me.

"Enough with teasing her, mom. We are leaving now, make sure her record is clear or else she will kill me with her not so deathly glares."

"Don't worry." She said, in between her laughs as Klaus once again started pulling me towards the door when we were stopped by Mrs. Michaels,

"Avelyn?" She called.

Don't tell me I was going to be in trouble, please.

"Yes?" I nervously replied.

"Remember the detention you were supposed to attend few days back?" My eyes widened at the sudden realisation. How could I forget that? How could I forget such an important thing? My record was going to look bad and I was not going to get a good job. How could I be so irresponsible? I am so—

"Stop over thinking, I have got your record all clear."

"Thanks, mom. You are the best."

With that said, we were out of the door to Klaus'.

••••••••

This chapter was written in rush, so please don't hesitate to point out mistakes gently and thank you for bearing me.