XVI. spontaneous trip

After another couple of days of Zachary's stay, at last, he decided to pack his things and leave.

During his stay, Seraphina's chamber was definitely a mess. Frankly speaking, Seraphina kept bugging him about when his wounds would heal.

Sure, he wasn't much of a bug since he doesn't really occupy much space in the bed. In fact, it was she, Seraphina who mostly slept as if she was an eagle.

Seraphina had to admit, she'll somehow miss their endless banters as much as her heart and mind won't admit it.

And so, when Zachary finally rises from the bed, saying he needs to settle his work in Colchester, Seraphina cannot help herself but has the sudden urge to snake her hands around him and join whatever expedition he's after.

Seraphina sat in the foot of her bed, staring at Zachary whose hands are all over his blond hair, drying it off with Seraphina's towel he didn't bother asking permission to use.

Her emerald eyes then travel across the carpet bag, containing all his clothes which she prepared.

Forgetting to mentally curse herself for preparing Zachary the clothes he'll be bringing. I mean, what is she, his beloved and dutiful wife? Why would she even volunteer to prepare his clothes?

Zachary, finished with drying his hair, stared back at her, his hands inside his pockets, back against the wall, brow lifted, "You're free to join, you know,"

That took Seraphina a minute to answer. One cannot deny how Seraphina was growing bored here in the boarding school.

However, Seraphina knew she cannot entangle herself more with this guy. With that, her eyes closed a moment, let out a soft sigh, she answered, "No, thanks,"

For the next few minutes, Seraphina just sat there, turned and of course, the man before her knew that which is why he insisted, saying, "Come on, it'll be fun. We'll be back in three days,"

Her eyes following his slender fingers work on his tie, Seraphina didn't know what to respond. Her heart and mind cannot come up with the same answer.

The bell rang, signaling Seraphina's start of classes.

Zachary stood tall over her, his hands inside his pocket, a questioning look plastered in that dangerous yet handsome face of his, "Live a little life, Sep,"

At the mention of that, it felt as if something smashed her head. She sat up straight, lifted her chin, gaped back at the man before her, explaining, "I'll be quick,"

With that, Seraphina grabbed her carpet bag under her bed, squatting, feeling Zachary's eyes boring behind her.

Never would she even dare gaze back at the man behind her, she knew it'll be the biggest mistake of her life for she is definitely sure an annoying smirk is painted in his face, teasing her.

The artist, indeed, knows how to push her buttons.

Minutes passed by, and so, Seraphina was panicking what clothes to bring. "How is it there?"

That question alone earned her a chuckle from him, saying she needs to calm down, that she'll only be there for three days, not three years.

"Just answer me, Zachary," replied Seraphina, rolling her eyes heavenwards.

"Your usual clothes would do,"

That stopped Seraphina, she looked behind her, Zachary was crouching in the chair near the door, his legs crossed, carpetbag under the chair, eyes fixed on her.

Her delicate fair hands fumble over her stockings, chemise, and drawers, doing the best she can to hide it from Zachary, whom she certainly still has his blue eyes blazings on her.