Chapter 24

Happy holidays everyone! No matter what you celebrate, I hope it is spent with the people you love! The spirit of the holidays is so magical, somehow it even helped me get over my writer's block! Or at least that's what I'm attributing it to...

Anyways, here is chapter 24, aka the beginning of episode 11! Side note: Can you believe we're only 11 episodes into the first season? Feels like it should be much more than that... Anyway, the reason I'm telling you this is because this chapter and the next one will follow episode 11, but scenes may be slightly out of order.

As usual, the fantastic typography below was created by the lovely @sereneur!

After battling through more demons on her way out of the Seelie Glade, Celeste still had a five mile walk plus a ferry ride in order to cross the East River to get to the Jade Wolf

By the time she finally got to the little Chinese restaurant on the pier, she was beyond anxious to hear what had happened. She just hoped that when she pushed through those doors, she would see a smiling Jace, Clary, and Jocelyn.

Unfortunately, this was the Shadow World, and nothing was ever that easy.

When she actually walked in, she saw a groaning Jace with an older man she didn't recognize cleaning what seemed to be a wound on his neck.

"Jay!" She yelled, her eyes widening as she ran over to his side. "What happened to him?" She asked the older man, only taking her eyes off of Jace for a millisecond to glance at the man.

"Celeste?" Jace groaned.

"I'm here, I'm here Jay." She tried to soothe him, grabbing one of his hands in hers, and using the other one to push the sweaty hair out of his face.

"Ravener demon stung him, and by the time they got a stele to him he was too weak. Clary left with the vampire to get blood for a transfusion. They've been gone for ten minutes, and he's not doing well." The older man told her gravely. "You must be the Celeste they said would be meeting us here."

She nodded. "And you are?"

"Michael Wayland. I'm Jace's father."

That certainly caught Celeste's attention, and her gaze jerked up to his face in shock.