Chapter Twelve

'War'

Hadrian had wanted to stay with his friends. They were the few people he trusted, those who trusted him. Yet he feared they would see his darkness and turn away. The darkness that consumed him day by day. He couldn't stayed, surrounded by the peaceful silence, with his friends in the courtyard. However, he was itching to kill. His pent up rage felt like a burning sensation that travelled through his every vein, needing release.

They had been understanding of his lie, believing that he needed time alone. He once again, found himself alone, dropping his glamours and donning his Hades outfit. Hadrian quickly apparated away, to Muggle London.

As he slowly walked through the crowded streets, his unusual uniform attracted many strange looks but he ignored them. Just as he had hoped, his appearance had caught the attention of the magical world. Despite them not yet using magic, Hadrian could identify a number of Aurors attempting to evacuate the crowd. A crazed laugh echoed through the busy street as the white haired assassin raised his wand. Aurors began rushing around but it was already too late.

"Bombarda" The curse erupted half of the street, sending bricks, metal and wood flying at anybody who managed to evade the initial blast. As the dust subsided, the Aurors looked upon the many mangled bodies of the muggles. Their skin was red and bloody, horribly ripped apart by the explosion.

Another horrific cold laugh echoed through the street as curses flew back and forth. Aurors began falling as Hades blocked all their curses and sent back his own deadlier curses.

"Authorisation to use unforgivables!" Yelled the Auror in charge desperately as his eyes followed the assassin. Despite being his enemy, Auror Sirius Black had to admit that this man was skilled. His movements were graceful and precise, his magic was powerful and unchallengeable. Sirius would've given anything to have someone like that on his team, yet Hades was insane. Anyone could tell, from his laugh, his crazed toxic eyes or his unremorseful ways.

Sirius dodged another curse, barely. Each curse was getting closer and he was loosing more Aurors whilst Hades hadn't been hit at all. They had to retreat, they couldn't win this. Another Auror fell to the ground as Hades sent a horrid curse towards him. Sirius watched in horror as an Auror was ripped apart brutaly by this curse.

"Retreat! Retreat now!" He yelled, grabbing anyone around him and apparating away. Hades's laughter rung in his ears constantly.

***

Hermione, Ron and Evan ran towards the headmaster's office. Evan hadn't quite expected them to believe him when he had told them Voldemort was back. It had all been a scheme to regain his attention, after all, his brother didn't deserve it. Yet if Dumbledor believed it, then it was obviously true.

They burst through the doors, greeted by the faces of the Order. Sirius was sat there, still in Auror uniform, with a drink in his hand. Lily quickly engulfed Evan in a bone crushing hug, joined by James.

"Now, now everybody. Evan had revealed that Voldemort has returned. We must train and prepare for war. He cannot be allowed to win" Dumbledor announced in a grave voice.

"But Dumbledor, are you sure he's back?" Asked Mrs Weasley anxiously, clutching Arthur's hands.

"Yes Molly. Evan had a dream of Voldemort killing muggles, which is undoubtedly real. So he must have returned some how." Albus replied tiredly.

"We have to warn the children, Albus!" Minerva quickly stated, turning towards the headmaster.

"Not yet Minerva. We must focus on the protection and training of Evan. He is our only hope"