Part 31

After a brief moment, khushi removed his hand and said: humne kaha na hum thik hai..(I said na I am fine) 

She hurriedly went inside. Arnav also followed her. He then opened his laptop and got back to work. Khushi also tried to concentrate on her work but her empty stomach didn't let her be at peace. It was almost evening and ever since the darkness had set in, she kept looking out from the window several times to check if the moon could be seen or not. Arnav noticed it and asked: what happened? Anything wrong?? 

Khushi said nervously: ne...nehi to! (no..nothing) 

Arnav: to tum aise barbar khidki ke bahaar kya dekh rahi ho? (so why are you looking out of the window so many times) 

Khushi: khi..khidki...kaunsi khidki...achha yeh khidki hai...humne to dekha hi nehi...(win..window...which window...oh ok this window...I hadn't seen this) 

She walked upto the window and said with a nervous smile: bohot achhi khidki hai..(very nice window) And in the process again peeped out of the window and prayed: hey devi maaiya yeh chaand kab ayega?? (oh God when will this moon come out?) 

Arnav: what the...pagal ho gayi ho?? Kya bol rahi ho?? (what the...have you gone mad? What are you saying??) 

Khushi: hum...hum kaha kuch bol rahe hai..(me..when did I say something..) 

And she looked up at the sky again and this time she saw the moon. 

Khushi almost jumped up in excitement. Then controlled her emotions. She looked nervously at arnav who was looking at her with an angry face. What khushi didn't know was that he was thoroughly enjoying the whole thing. 

Khushi thought: devi maaiya hamari madat karna hum kaise...(God help me how do I...)
She fidgited with her dupattaa as she thought and then said aloud: dupatta!! 

Arnav said: what the... 

She again gave nervous smiles and said while waving the dupattaa: dupattaa hai...(this is dupattaa) 

In the process she quickly put it up and looked at the moon through it and then saw arnav through it. 

Arnav understood every bit of it. She then started to fake a cough. Arnav quickly took a glass of water and made her drink it. He didn't let khushi understand that he understood every bit of it.
As she drank it she looked at arnav . A faint smile lingered on his lips. Though he didn't need any proof of her love, but yet she again proved that her love was beyond imagination. Arnav went to keep the glass on the table and at that moment khushi felt completely dizzy and everything became black infront of her eyes. After keeping the glass as arnav turned to look at her, he saw her about to fall on the ground. He panicked and rushed saying: khushi!!! 

And held her just in time. But she was not in her senses. He picked her up in his arms and placed her on the bed and patted her cheek. When she still didn't come back to senses, he sprinkled some water on her saying: khushi..tum mujhe sun sakti ho? Can you hear me? 

Khushi gradually opened her eyes. It took few seconds for her to realise where she was.
Arnav saw her opening her eyes and was relieved. He slowly lifted her head and made her sit up on the bed and said: khushi..you feeling alright? 

Khushi held her head and said: ha..haan arnavji (yes..yes arnavji) 

Arnav felt nice after hearing arnavji from her after a really long time. 

Arnav touched her cheeks and said: khushi tum baitho...main kuch khaney ke liye leke aata hoon..(you sit...I will get some food) 

Khushi: nehi arnavji hum thik hai..(no arnavji..i am fine) 

Baatein kuch unkahee siजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें