Chapter 9

17th of February

Jisoo stumbled down the last remaining stairs of the hotel into the lobby, just barely avoiding collision with a particularly stationary block of people. She had been expecting to find Irene and Lisa there. But amidst the dizzying amounts of people, she found no familiar faces, not a single one , they all looked faceless and kind of terrifying and in that moment, Jisoo should have panicked. But the countless shots of tequila were making her head buzz with comfort and happiness , and she felt like she needed to sit down before the whole world spun out of control.

She'd find her friends later.

Jisoo wasn't so sure what led her to walking out of the hotel, drunk as ever, while the sun was still rising and the streets were full of two sorts of people – groaning hungover wrecks and still buzzed stumbling disasters. She was certainly one of the latter ones.

It wasn't until she came to a blinding neon light installation in every color known to man that she turned her steps away from the sidewalk and stepped inside a club. Or perhaps it was a casino. Whatever it was, Jisoo found her way to a bar and ordered herself a drink. Whiskey, dry. Whichever was cheapest.

She could've sworn the bartender winked at her. Had she been a little less drunk, she might've noticed the phone number that was written on the corner of her napkin. But she didn't notice that, or the outstretched hand and introduction of the man to her right; no, all Jisoo could see was the only other girl sitting at the bar alone, seated right across from her. She was wearing a bright red form-fitting dress, her brown hair tumbled down over her shoulders in a free yet somehow controlled fashion, and her lips were painted red, too, and god, she looked like a goddess.

Jisoo wondered what it would be like to be kissing those blood red lips.

"I've got a boyfriend." She snapped to the man who was still trying to get her attention. It was a lie, but it worked nevertheless. With an annoyed huff, he stood up and walked away – only to go over to sit next to the brunette who Jisoo couldn't tear her eyes away from. She noticed the woman's discomfort immediately, and saw her eyes flash in panic when she realized the man wasn't going to leave. Jisoo might've been able to scare him off, but she didn't seem so successful in her attempt. Perhaps it was the fact that she was infinitely more attractive than Jisoo was. She couldn't get him to fuck off as easily.

But Jisoo certainly could. She made her way over to the other side of the bar and stood behind the man for the shortest moment to make sure she wasn't making a mistake. She may have been drunk but she wasn't a complete idiot. Not yet, anyway.

"Come on, gorgeous, tell me your name. I'm sure you'll love me."

"I'm not interested." The woman's voice was tense, forced, and Jisoo didn't wait any longer. She didn't have to hear anything else. She reached out and tapped the man's shoulder, throwing him a murderous glare when he turned around.

"She said she's not interested. Now fuck off."

"The fuck's it to you, dyke?"

Jisoo didn't flinch at the slur. The brunette did. "Fuck. Off."

He threw his hands up in the air and left, muttering curses and slurs as he went. Jisoo saw the brunette was incredibly relieved to see him go, and sat down next to her.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." Jisoo smiled. The woman before her was so pretty it was making her head spin. Or maybe it was the whiskey. Or the countless shots of tequila she'd had not an hour ago. "Are you okay?"