Chapter 28

"Suho, what the fuck?"

Jisoo stood before the camper van, determined not to move, and Suho was forced to stop the car and stick his head out of the window.

"Jisoo, get out of the way."

"No."

"Jisoo."

"Suho, you're going to stop this fucking nonsense and talk to me."

"I don't think so," Suho muttered. The van started a little bit forward, and Jisoo jumped backwards – but only a few feet, because she was still determined to stand her ground. She refused to get out of the way.

"Suho."

"Jisoo."

"Do you want to do this here? In front of everyone? On Christmas?"

Suho sighed and stopped the engine. "Fine."

Jisoo rushed to the door and climbed into the van, where Suho already stood, arms crossed across his chest and a defiant look on his face. She was so angry that she couldn't help but give him a shove, which resulted in him being pushed into the wall.

"What the hell did you say to Jennie?"

Suho shrugged, fully accepting Jisoo's anger. "The truth."

"And would you mind telling me what that means?"

"Your marriage isn't real, Jisoo."

Lisa and Jennie may have not noticed the break in his voice when he spoke those words in the dining room just moments ago, but that did not get past Jisoo. No, she saw now that Suho wasn't angry but defensive – his voice was breaking, his shoulders were tense, and she could've sworn she saw him swallow as though he were fighting back tears.

"Why are you saying that, Suho? You...you knew about me being bi, I-"

"I didn't know, Jisoo."

"But I dated girls?"

"You never specified."

"It's not like it's your business."

"You didn't exactly come out."

Jisoo shrugged. "So what if I didn't care whether I dated boys or girls, or about defining myself really? Why are you being like this?"

Suho shook his head. "It's wrong."

"What is? My happiness?"

"It's...it's wrong."

But his voice was now quieter, and Jisoo's brows furrowed when she saw him blink back tears. "Suho...what the hell is wrong with you? Are you in love with me or something?"

"No. No, it's not-"

The pain in Suho's voice brought back memories for Jisoo; memories of Jennie in the hospital, when she'd asked if she had a girlfriend and her denial had been choked and pained. This was all-too similar to that, and Jisoo now thought she knew what was wrong.

"Suho..."

Suho cleared his throat. "It's nothing."

"Are you...?"

"Am I what, Jisoo?" Suho snapped.

There was a flash of genuine fear in Suho's eyes, and Jisoo forced herself to stifle her still burning anger towards him to be gentler with her words. Whatever he may have said before and her desire to kick his ass could wait – Suho was still her friend, no matter what he'd said, and he was clearly on the edge of something big and terrifying.