Chapter 30

They returned to New York late Wednesday evening to find a light dusting of snow covering the city. It was cold in their apartment when they got there, and Jisoo immediately pulled out two pairs of wool socks from her bag and tossed one at Jennie.

"I stole a few from Mom. She won't mind, my aunt Bom knits like ten pairs a month and mails them all to her."

Jennie just smiled and pulled the socks on, relishing the way they protected her feet from the icy cold stone floor. Not to mention the pair on Jisoo's feet was a little too big and adorable to say the least.

"Your turn to do the laundry," Jennie then grinned. She threw her bag at Jisoo, who only barely caught it, yelping slightly as the bag teetered over her arm and nearly fell to the ground.

"What do you mean my turn? I did it last time!"

Jennie shook her head and laughed. "You're dreaming."

"No, I did laundry two days before we left for Mom's, I'm sure."

"Really? Because I could've sworn I did the laundry two days before we left for Baltimore."

"Jennie, I'm tired."

"And you think I'm not? You woke me up at six, Jisoo."

"It's not like you were complaining-"

"I'm not saying I like being woken up at ungodly hours for sex, I do, but they're still ungodly hours and it's almost eleven. I want to sleep."

"But it's your turn."

"You're mistaken."

Jennie smirked when she saw that she was getting the best of Jisoo; it was her turn, but she was exhausted and she knew she could get Jisoo to do it. And so she stepped in and wrapped her arms around her wife's waist, and leaned in to press a soft kiss just below her ear. "If you do this, I'll be willing to postpone sleep for something far more...fun."

Just as she'd expected, Jisoo shivered at her words, and she pulled away to find her looking at her with wide eyes and lips just slightly parted.

"You promise?"

Jennie smirked and kissed her for a long while. "Yes, I promise."

The speed with which Jisoo grabbed the hamper and their travel bags was all too amusing for Jennie, who laughed gently to herself after her wife had practically scrambled her way out of the apartment and down the hall to the laundry room. Jisoo had been on edge for two days now, and Jennie was enjoying every single bit of it. According to Jisoo, it was because 'Satan's bloody nightmare' was well on it's way, but for the time being Jennie was enjoying an incredibly frustrated and needy dark-haired who could be brought to the brink with just a few words and a well-placed kiss.

She sauntered over to the kitchen and fixed herself a quick snack before grabbing the book she'd gotten from Dara and settling herself onto the couch to wait for Jisoo. She was sleepy, yes, but she'd promised Jisoo and she was nothing if not true to her word.

But about half an hour passed, and she grew impatient, and so she set her book down and decided to have some fun with Jisoo. Quickly as one could, she hurried upstairs to their bedroom, where she shed the comfortable lounge wear she'd been wearing all week and picked out her hottest set of underwear. It was the very same one Jisoo had told her she recalled from their night in Vegas, a dark turquoise set with an especially pushing bra and cute little details. Over that, she simply put on a short silk robe, and then she headed out of the apartment(with the door left unlocked, of course, because she wasn't about to have them locked out of their place for the sake of some fun) and down the hall to the laundry room.