Chapter 58

The day after the next was Sunday. Jisoo and Jennie had intended on sleeping in, as one does on a Sunday, but were woken around six in the morning to rain hammering into their window . Even Jennie was woken up by the sound of the wind and rain rattling the entire building, and they both sat up to find New York enshrouded in a wall of grey. The rain fell from the skies so heavily that they couldn't even see across Central Park, and the temperature in their apartment was way lower than what it should've been.

"It's so pretty," Jisoo murmured as Jennie settled back down next to her, "And so quiet."

"Mhm."

"Have you ever gone for a walk in Central Park when it's raining?"

"No."

"We should."

"Jisoo, we could get mugged."

"I'm pretty sure no one is out in rain like this."

"We'll go when it stops."

Jisoo laughed. "Clearly you've never seen rain like this. It won't stop for days."

Jennie grumbled and nuzzled her face in Jisoo's neck. "Then we won't leave bed for days."

But Jisoo just laughed again as she slipped out of Jennie's arms and out of bed. Jennie frowned, but said nothing until she saw Jisoo reaching for the balcony door.

"You're not going outside, are you?"

Jisoo glanced over her shoulder and grinned. "Come on. It's fun."

"Jisoo, it's freezing."

"Come on," Jisoo coaxed. "Live a little."

Jennie groaned. "But it's co-old. And I'm so warm here."

"Ok, say we take a bath afterwards? Will you come then?"

Jennie pretended to consider it despite having already made her decision. "Fine. But can I get a massage?"

"It's cute that you still think you have to ask."

And so Jennie got up and walked over to the door, and together they stepped out into the brisk March morning rain. It was cold and drenched them within seconds, and Jennie gasped at the sheer freezing sensation that ran through her body. Jisoo was grinning widely, enjoying the feel of the water on her, and Jennie couldn't help but be in awe of her – even now, with no makeup and messy wet hair and drenched clothes, she was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen, and she then found herself agreeing with Jisoo.

Live a little.

She did feel more alive in that moment, standing in the pouring rain on that chilly March morning. The water hammered the earth and the city before them, ran down the sides of buildings and along her skin and stuck her hair to her face, and made shivers run through her body but she didn't care - no, it felt so pure, so raw, standing there at the mercy of the earth, and Jennie understood entirely what Jisoo had meant.

And then Jisoo grabbed her waist and her lips found Jennie's, so warm as opposed to the freezing water running down their skin, and Jennie smiled widely before spinning her a little, her bare feet slipping on the deck of their balcony.

"This is pretty romantic, isn't it?" Jisoo asked, her lips grazing Jennie's as she spoke. "A kiss in the rain?"

Jennie sought out her lips and kissed her gently before replying. "I've never been kissed in the rain before."

"Neither have I."

"It is very romantic."

"It is."