twenty five

( Tori in her outfit above )
{ Tori's POV }

Luca and I walk downstairs only to get in a argument with Valente technically known as my father. It's a fabulous way to start the night!
Just grand!

"There is no way she is going with you. You don't even have back up." Valente said in a serious tone trying to order around the Don.
Interesting that when I voice my opinion ; I'm disrespectful..but he can just do as he pleases.
Entitlement much. I'm not against him and I don't not like him, I just have problems with the way he treats those around him.

"It's dangerous for the both of you, especially to go in with our back up." Riccardo says

Now Riccardo, I like. Sure sometimes he comes across as sexist as well but for the most part he's always been respectful towards women and tried to be polite.

"I think you should take Marco. He's your second and command, and would be able to watch himself, and observe everything while having your back, after all you are the Don and you have to be careful." Francesco advises

I get it. He cares for his son, or the legacy his son has to uphold..but they are making too big of a deal out of this. It's not like Luca and I are helpless. I mean I'm definitely not the one having to train because I'm too slow and out of practice.

I was going to respond because frankly I'm a little offended that they think I couldn't handle myself, and have Luca's back....but before I could even respond Luca places his hand on my lower back, almost as if to assure me he'll handle it. So I decide to keep my mouth shut, and watch him handle it. It'll be a big deciding factor on if we'll ever work or not.

I want to see what type of man he is, especially when everyone is around.

"That's exactly right father, I'm the Don, which last I checked means I'm in charge, and hold the authority here. All of you should be aware, after all you were the ones training me for times such as these. Now trust this— Tori is going as my date, and will be my only back up for tonight...and that's final. I am trusting Tori and her instincts, if something goes wrong we'll handle it." Luca says sternly

Ive got to say he's doing good so far. 

Valente goes to speak, but Luca holds his hand up to silence him, and continues to talk himself. Damn that was hot.

"As far as her safety is concerned, I'm the Don for a reason, and I think I am more than able to watch her back, as she will mine. Tori is a sworn in member, and is rightly apart of this family. She has proved herself over and over again. She's even saved all of our asses when we were attacked by Russians in our own home, I'm convinced she can handle anything. All of you know as well as I do that if she were a man, my title would've be stripped away and given to her, because that's how this fucked up world works. Now from this point moving forward— I expect all of you to treat her as your equal...and I mean ALL of you."
Luca says all of this sternly and at this point I'm biting my lip to hold back a smile.

He's a good one. Maybe not everyone's definition of good, but he could be good for me.

Everyone around us nods their heads in clear understanding or mumbles yes boss.

"Now if all of you are done questioning my decisions, and insulting Tori, we need to leave before we are late.." Luca says with authority dripping from it. Luca guides me out the front door, and leads me to an all black sports car, gorgeous car by the way, but what shocks me is that there isn't a driver in it.