Chapter 33

"Stay still Mila, damn!" Dinah yells, putting the tweezers against my eyebrows once again. I grimace at the contact and flinch in fear.

Tonight was the night. The VMAs were here, and low and behold, I was back to being a nervous, jittery mess of emotions. I've known about this night and my part in it for quite sometime now but I can't help but feel overwhelmed and freaking scared about everything.

I'm not sure how all of this is suppose to go. Tonight's the night we come out as a couple to the world. That alone made me a bit woozy. Not to mention that I'll be automatically pulled into her life now. After tonight, I'll be known as Lauren Jauregui's girlfriend. I don't know how crazed this whole experience will be but I'm willing to go through this for Lauren. That's one thing I'm sure of. This girl loves me.

She loves me.

I've yet to say it back to her yet, not because I don't feel the same, but because I haven't spoken of such a strong feeling for anyone in my life before, well except my mom, Sofi and Dinah...and of course my father when I was younger, but this? This type of love is a completely different type of emotion. It's raw. It's not just a four letter word anymore its an expression of compassion and true undeniable emotion.

I don't know what I feel for Lauren. I know she's my rock. I know she's my comfort zone. I know that she cares for me and sees my inner struggles and scars as beautiful. She's stunning, she's electrifying, she makes my whole body go into a frenzy. Hell, this girl is a breath of fresh fucking air.

She's mine...

No one can take me from her. I'm enthralled by her every move. Everything she does just captures another glimpse of her beauty. I'd do anything for her. Things like let my best friend pluck the almighty fuck out of my eyebrows-

"Ouch! Could you not pluck at my eyebrow like that?" I huff at the yelling girl.

"Shh! Unless you want to look like Oscar the trashcan grouch, Imma need you to shut it." She glares down at me. I roll my eyes, grunting and stubbornly crossing my arms over my chest. "Why are you so jittery all of a sudden?"

"I'm not jittery," I sneer. "...but I'd rather not have my eyebrows brutally yanked out of my follicles by your death trap of a tweezer!" I say the gritted teeth, pulling at the small object that was clutched in between Dinah's thumb and index finger. She slaps my hand away, forcefully pushing my head back with a finger to my forehead.

She shakes her head, not responding for a moment as she focuses back on my right brow. A few not so subtle plucks, painful yanks and mild years later she had finally moved on to the other eyebrow.

"Why is this taking so long? I still need to put on my dress, which by the way, I have yet to see! You guys are killing me, it's literally the night of the VMAs and I still have yet to see my dress, what the hell?" I complain.

She ignores that statement as well but clearly decides to shut me up by pinching my cheek with the tweezers, making me yelp in surprise and pain. I grab the side of my face, looking to my best friend in shock, a grimace across my features as I glare at her. "Bitch..." I mutter. I hear her chuckle before she pats my head lightly.

"So...what did you and Lauren get up to last night?" She asks, a knowing smirk on her face.

"Um...nothing, you pervert." I roll my eyes.

"Really now? You guys didn't do anything last night?" She inquired. "Liar." She chuckles when I shake my head no, feigning annoyance at her very nosy inquiries.

"Come on. You and Lauren, one hotel room, one bedroom...one bed..." She trails off. "And you're trying to make me believe that nothing happened? Please." She scoffs.