{Violet Evergarden x fem reader}

A/N

This was requested by @GabrielOwen6, they wanted the reader to be autistic.

So, I apologize for anyone that has autism. I looked it up and tried to educate myself as much as possible, so sorry if the reader's a bit off.

~~~~

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

How did I get into this situation again?

I walked into CH postal company to see my brother Claudia, which I did end up finding him but then I got stuck with the girl I've had the longest crush on!

Violet Evergarden, a former soldier who served and fought right alongside my brother. I admired her from afar, I used to serve the military as a medical soldier.

Helping the wounded soldiers on the battlefield, but the hardest thing about me was that I'm autistic. Making eye contact is the toughest things to do, which was bad for my job since I had to make eye contact with the injured person I was attending.

I'm also shy, so talking isn't my strong suit. I was known as the shy medical soldier, but was loving and caring but was just shy too talk to new people.

My brother thought it was best that I quit being a medical soldier, and he was right, so I left the battlefield since I wasn't suited for it. And I just go around town as a part time doctor.

You know, people call me that someone at their house is sick. And I attended them and health them back to good health, that's what I make money off of.

So here I sit, avoiding eye contact with the beautiful blonde that sits next to me on a bench. Violet tilts her head to the side in a cute manner, like what a puppy would do.

I gulp as her stare drills into the side of my head. "What's wrong? (Y/N), you know it's rude to not make eye contact with the person your talking to." Violet was right, it's rude but I can't do it.

I start playing with my fingers, I'm so nervous I don't know what to do. I feel the bench creak as Violet scoots closer to me, and I move further away from her.

"(Y/N)" Her pretty voice asks, I just shake my head at her voice. "I can't! I'm too shy to talk to you!" I muster out of my mouth, I grip my jeans tightly hoping this ends.

I hear Violet sigh, I still have my eyes shut tightly. Then I feel a sudden coldness on my cheek, I open my eyes lifting my head up slightly.

There, Violet sits closer then she was before. With a small smile on her face, I froze in my spot not knowing what to do. For once in my lifetime, I can make eye contact with another human with looking down at the ground.

That's when I noticed I was staring and tried to look down, but Violet beat it to me. Placing a soft kiss on my cheek, my eyes widen as I have the sudden courage to look Violet in the eyes once again.

She smiles, getting off the bench dusting her skirt off. "I was wondering if you wanted to go to dinner with me?" Still taken back from the kiss.

I nod my head, still quiet. With the same smile still on her face, she responds back with a quiet "alright" and walks off.

I sat there, thinking what in heaven's name just happened to me today?