Chapter Six

(Juliet's POV)

One week.

That's how long we've been in Italy.

That's how long we've been looking for Vince and Gio.

So far, we've come up empty handed on every lead and it's driving me crazy.

Most of the men were out looking for anything or anyone that could tell us something useful. The ones that weren't doing that, were going about business as usual.

As hard as we tried to avoid it, news about Vince and Gio's absence has spread throughout our world.

Our enemies are planning our downfall.

Some of our allies are on the fence about what to do. Others have guaranteed us their support.

We were finally able to get ahold of the twins. They wanted to fly here to Italy, but I've ordered them to stay in the states and handle things there. That settled some of our enemies. They're almost afraid of them as much as they are of Vince. Almost.

Nikolay got word of it too. He said he'd help in anyway he could. Him and Isa are still in Russia.

Can you guess who else got word?

"So, the Devil actually got himself kidnapped? Like he actually got kidnapped? Not you this time? Him? Vincenzo Bianchi? Am I being pranked?"

"Shut the f*ck up, Knox." Stefano growled, as I rubbed my head due to my headache.

Yes, Knox. He got word and flew straight to Italy. Scarlett stayed back home.

"What's the plan now?" Vera asked.

Vera Baressi has been a huge help. He's been with Vince for over thirty years.

"Families are having a meeting tonight at Carosi's club. Eight should be in attendance."

"Eight people?" Knox asked.

"Eight families. Probably big hitters only though. That should total over 100 men."

"We're going?"

"Yes. Someone has to know something." I said.

"You're going?" Knox asked surprised.

"I am. You stay here and handle this place. Vera, Phoenix, and Stefano will go with me. We leave in thirty minutes." I said before disappearing into the bedroom.

I sat on the edge of the bed and cradled my head in my hands.

I was acting tough. I was acting strong.

In reality, I was terrified. Terrified of not finding Vince. Terrified of what was happening to him. Terrified of what was going to happen if we didn't find him.

I sat on the bed for ten minutes. For ten minutes I dropped the walls and let myself be scared. I let myself fear.

But then I remembered something Vince had told me.