ɬɧɛ ąƈƈơཞɖʂ

Wanda, Steve, Nat and Sam were in Lagos, Nigeria trying to get Rumlow. The mission was going well as it should have. Steve had Rumlow. But when Rumlow mentioned Bucky, Steve was distracted for a second, and that's all Rumlow needed. He pressed a button and set off his bomb vest but Wanda was able to contain the explosion. She lifted him up into the air where it should have gone off safely. But she was too close to a building and people were hurt. Wanda dropped to her knees in disbelief with tears in her eyes and her hand over her mouth.

Thousands of miles away Y/n and Pietro were in the training room, working on hand to hand combat, when Y/n suddenly dropped to her knees in tears. Pietro rushed to her side.

"What happened? Are you alright? What's wrong?" He asked.

"I-I don't know. Wanda she's... She's so sad. She's heartbroken. I don't know what's wrong." She sobbed and he held her. He should be comforting Wanda too but he's not with her so he can at least try and comfort one of his sisters.

As soon as the four came back Wanda was with her brother and sister. When she told them what happened she cried again and both Pietro and Y/n held her until she stopped. For the whole month after they stayed even more glued to the hip then they were before.

Steve watches the news. Wakanda's king, King T'chaka, was talking until Steve paused it. He heard another news station from another room. He found Wanda at the end of her bed, Y/n and Pietro next to and behind her, watching the news. "They are operating outside and above the international law. Because that's the reality, if we don't respond to acts like these. What legal authority does an enhanced individual like Wanda Maximoff have to operate in Nigeri-" Steve turned the TV off.

"It's my fault." Wanda said. "Don't say anything." She said quietly to her brother and sister before they even could say anything.

"That's not true." Steve said.

"Turn the TV back on. They're being very specific."

"I should've clocked that bomb vest long before you had to deal with it. Rumlow said 'Bucky' and all of a sudden I was a 16 year old kid again, in Brooklyn." He sat beside her on the bed where her siblings weren't. "And people died. It's on me."

"It's on both of us."

"This job... We try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. But if we can't find a way to live with that then next time maybe nobody gets saved."

They were quiet for a moment before Vision phased through Wanda's wall. "Vis! We talked about this." She scolded.

"Yes, but the door was open so I assumed that... Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr. Stark was arriving."

"Thank you. We'll be right down." Steve said.

"I'll use the door." Vision said making Y/n snort out a little laugh. "Oh, and apparently, he's brought a guest." Vision stopped in the doorway.

"We know who it is?"

"The Secretary of State." Vision left at that. Y/n took Wanda's hand and squeezed it reassuringly as Pietro patted her shoulder.

"Five years ago I had a heart attack and dropped right in the middle of my backswing." The SoS said pantomiming golfing. He stood at the head of a table as the team sat around it. Rhodey, Nat, Steve and Sam on one side, Pietro, Y/n, Wanda and Vision on the other. Tony sat by himself off to the side. "Turned out it was the best run of my life because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass I found something 40 years in the Army never taught me. Perspective. The world owes the Avengers an unpayable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives... But while a great many people see you as heroes there are some who would prefer the word 'vigilantes'."