Chapter 59

Iain stood ready at the end of the altar, next to his life long best friend and best man, Dan. After Dan in the line up was his father and his brother Jack, then Aaliyah's father after he walks her down.
Iain took a couple more deep breaths as the music changed, and everyone stood up from their seats.

Dunn Dunn dun dun
Dun Da Dun Dunn

The music went melodically, Grim offered to play the chords and Iain was glad he agreed because he's doing an amazing job. He would have to remember to give him a bonus later. Lilie came walking down the path way, with her golden silk dress, spreading her blue flowers before coming up and getting on the bridesmaid side.

Then finally, what Iain had been waiting for.

He saw the bottom of her dress first, then her torso before making eye contact. He was absolutely blown away. He thought his legs would give out any second. She was beautiful.  There was no other word to describe. Amazingly beautiful.

Aaliyah smiled as she walked arm and arm with her father down the aisle.
She could see the glint in Iain's eyes through her veil and how absolutely handsome he looked. He looked like a blue gem in his Armani suit and it was a perfect fit. His long brown, black hair was gelled back and combed. He was clean shaved. He looked great.

Tears welled up but holding her head high, Aaliyah continued to take it slow. After all this time, it was really happening and it felt surreal to her.

"You're doing great baby girl, I'm so proud of you." Aaliyah's father gleamed.

Dun Dun Da Dunnn

Glancing over at her maid of honor, Angela gave a tiny thumbs up with a nod for reassurance. After Angela, was Ginger, Aaliyah's sister Tiffany, and then her distant friend Stephanie. If it was up to Aaliyah, she wouldn't be here but Ginger insisted.

Bringing back direct focus, Aaliyah was almost there. Only a few more steps from facing the love of her life. Her forever.
Coming to a halt, Aaliyah's father kissed her cheek softly and gave her hand a light squeeze before standing next to Jack in the groomsmen line up.

Assuming positions, Iain and Aaliyah faced each other. Smiles on, loving gazes being shared.

Once the music stopped, everyone proceeded to take their seats once more.

"Ladies and gentlemen we are gathered here today to join Iain and Aaliyah in a life of mutual commitment. It is fitting and appropriate that you, the family and friends of Aaliyah and Iain, be here to witness and to participate in their union. For the ideals, the understanding, and the mutual respect which they bring to their life together had their roots in the love and friendship and guidance you have given them. The union of two people makes us aware of the changes wrought by time. But the new relationship will continue to draw much of its beauty and meaning from the intimate associations of their past.",

Murmurs were heard in the crowd as many agreed with the priest.

"True marriage is more than joining the bonds of marriage of two persons; it is the union of two hearts. It lives on the love you give each other and never grows old, but thrives on the joy of each new day. Marriage is love. May you always be able to talk things over, to confide in each other, to laugh with each other, to enjoy life together, and to share moments of quiet and peace, when the day is done. May you be blessed with a lifetime of happiness and a home of warmth and understanding.
Now, Aaliyah and Iain, the relationship you enter into today must be grounded in the strength of your love and the power of your faith in each other. To make your relationship succeed it will take unending love. It will take trust, to know in your hearts that you truly want what is best for one another and to learn and grow together. It will take faith, to go forward together without knowing what the future holds. If you both come freely, and understand the responsibility and work involved to make your relationship thrive, and are committed to not only each other but your family, please take each other by the hands and reply 'we do."