Part 33

The next morning I'm still jittery from last nights date. My feet are still sore from all the dancing in heels and my tummy is still full from that cake.
I had barely slept last night since thoughts of my date still filling my mind.

And how I said marry me. I still couldn't get over that. I don't think I was ever going to live that down.

I didn't think us selected girls were doing much today so I had hoped Harriet was free for a horse ride.

I dressed in a mulberry coloured jacket for horse riding with some smart blue jeans. I hadn't worn many pairs of pants at all during my stay at the palace, not even a single pair of track pants.

I tied my hair in a low ponytail with a matching coloured ribbon which I thought looked cute. Then I left my room in the palace and went to find Harriet.
I assumed she would be in her room getting ready before breakfast since there wasn't long until breakfast would be served.

I walked down the hall to find her door,
H. Black, but it was slightly ajar so I knocked softly on the wood.

No answer.

She was probably still in bed. I pushed the door open and wished I hadn't.
Harriet was looking out from the railing of her balcony, standing beside Prince Thomas.

It was a frosty morning so I could make out that they were talking, their breath hitting the air.

Harriet turned slightly so I could see the side of her face and I was worried that she saw me. But it seemed like she turned only to make her move on the prince, wrapping a hand around his neck and pulling him into a kiss.

I retreated, pulling back and moving the door to be closed once more.

That was like a punch to the gut after last night.

Stupid Isabelle, stupid.

✿✿✿

I certainly noticed how frosty it was once I got outside and made it to the stables.
I had taken Juniper out again, the grey horse that had seemed to have taken a liking to me.

One of the stable staff, Merida, was being extremely lovely. She was in a traditional looking riding outfit and had her strawberry blonde hair falling over her shoulders under her helmet.
"Good luck on your ride today miss, just use the intercom if you need any help." Merida said and gave Juniper a pat on across the neck as I saddled onto my horse.

I nodded, "Thank you Merida, it was lovely to meet you." I say as I swivel Juniper around to face where I'm headed and Merida smiles at me with a nod.

"You too Miss Isabelle." She says and gives my horse a tap so Juniper starts to move. I glance back briefly to give Merida a grateful smile to thank her for all the work she did this morning to prep Juniper early.

I quickened Juniper's pace so we were galloping across the field to get to the woods, the main path leading in from the opening in the trees.

I could feel the chilly air even through my thick wool gloves that were clutching the reins, and my face felt cold from the breeze.

We reached the woods and raced down the path, Juniper happily galloping through the wind.

A thick row of trees border the trail on both sides so it's hard to get lost.
Well, until you reach the fork in the road, various different paths across numerous areas of the woods.

We had been down the furthest right trail before so I decided it was a day to be adventurous.

I tugged Junipers reins and we began trotting along down the left path.
We rode for a minute down the path before my helmet was itching my head, so I pulled the horse to a stop.