•⊱•••• 5 ••••⊰•

"Dahyun why are we here so early?? Who the hell has a picnic at 8.30am in the morning" Yunho complained to his best friend as she strolled up to him, two coffees in her hand.

"Zip it Jung!" She began as she sat down and handed Yunho his coffee "I told you! This is when all the cute single guys go for their runs" She smiled "Why would they care if we're having a picnic at 8.30 in the morning? It's just a breakfast picnic is all. Plus if we had come at lunch time then we wouldn't have been able to get such a prime viewing spot because all the other families would have taken our spots, that and cute guys don't go for runs in the middle of the day, they're all busy living their single lives"

Yunho pouted and took a sip of his coffee.

Yunho had known Dahyun since his first year of university, they had both studied the same course, Bachelor of Cuisine, and at that point in time her hair was a bright baby pink that perfectly matched and complemented Yunho's bright baby blue hair.

People used to call them Bubblegum, or rather ship the two best friends together with the name, because of their brightly coloured hair. They always found themselves paired together during and out of class, and they became very close friends because of it. But nothing more, they were always just friends despite the pressure from the people around them to get together.

Yunho still to this very day has that very bright blue hair, Dahyun on the other hand had grown her natural hair back out during her pregnancy, and she hadn't dyed it back since.

She always said that she wanted to look respectable since she was now a mother, and Yunho had always emphasised that hair colour did not dictate respectability it was who you were on the inside that counted, not how you looked on the outside.

Dahyun was a single mother and her ungrateful ex boyfriend had knocked her up and then fled when he realised he couldn't shelter the responsibility of the tiny human he had had a part in making.

Yunho was there to pick up the broken pieces of her heart and also there to support her as she brought up her tiny human, and his role and his bond with her had only grown more stronger when she chose him to be the godparent to her daughter.

It was a role Yunho was more than honoured to take on. Dahyun always joked that if Yunho wasn't gay she would have snapped him up straight away.

But yes, Yunho was gay, so very gay.

Before Yunho could even speak, could even walk, before he even had any concept of the word gay, that is apparently exactly what he was, well at least according to his dads anyway.

His father Yeosang, had said that he used to throw sassy hands as soon as he could lift his tiny arms. To this day Yunho still has no idea just exactly what his father was going on about. His dad, Wooyoung, said that he always had a hungry look in his eyes and when other male babies were nearby, apparently he'd crawl over to them at the nursery school he attended and used to fall asleep on them. "You were never a ladies' man, but a real mans man" Wooyoung had told him once.

Maybe it was because he had two gay dads who loved each other deeply. Maybe it was there love that influenced Yunho to want the same. Maybe that was why he'd decided he was gay so quickly in life. Yunho didn't know though and didn't care, it's who he is and whom he's always been.

Towards girls his feeling were always bluntly platonic. Much to the annoyance of the female community because Yunho was literally the epitome of Tall Dark & Handsome.

Not even the flawless and stunning Dahyun could break his walls. That being said if anyone were to, it would be her, but she'd have to get past the deep fortress Yunho holds for someone else in his heart, and he'd also have to be not gay.