Part 34

After being discharged from the hospital, arnav and khushi headed for khushi's house. Khushi went to change clothes while he waited for her. 

After a while arnav saw Khushi was standing infront of the mirror, combing her hair after a shower. She was wearing a pink saree and had her mangalsutra on but no sindoor on her forehead. Her hair was open. 

Arnav came and took a pinch of the sindoor in his hand and turned her towards him. The intensity in his eyes was something to die for. Slowly he put it on her forehead and as he did that khushi closed her eyes. He then turned her towards the mirror and said: khushi...aapni ankhein kholo..(Khushi open your eyes..) 

Khushi slowly opened her eyes and seeing herself like that her eyes became moist because of the immense happiness. 

She looked back at him trying to say something but her voice and words didn't support her. Only the two tiny tears drops came out from her eyes expressing the joy. Arnav slowly wiped the tears and pulled her in a hug. While stroking her hair, he said: khushi main janta hoon ki maine tumse zabardasti shaadi ki thi..lekin fir bhi tumne usi shaadi ko dil se nibhai..aur maine.... Yeh rishta mere liye sabse zyada mayine rakhta hai and I promise you khushi ki main aapni akhri saans tak isey purey dil se nibhaunga... (Khushi I know that I have married you forcefully but you still performed every duty.and I... This relationship is the most special thing for me...I promise that I will be bound to this till my last breath..) 

Khushi had no control on her tears as arnav said those words to her. He then slowly lifted her face off his chest and said: khushi kya tum mere sath aapne ghar wapas chalogi hamesha hamesha ke liye...(Khushi will you come with me to our house... forever?) 

Khushi smiled and nodded her head in agreement. He again hugged her back. 

They then started for sheesh mahal. Before khushi entered through the doors of sheesh mahal, arnav said: khushi ek minute...(Khushi one minute..) 

She looked back. Arnav stepped up and all of a sudden picked her up in his arms. 

Khushi was taken by surprise. 

Khushi: aa..arnavji yeh aap..(Arnavji...what are you..) 

Arnav: sshh.. 

He then carried her inside and before putting her down said: yaad hai khushi hum pehelibar kuch aise hi miley they..tum aise hi meri bahon mein thi...us din main apni dil ki dhadkan to samajh nehi paya...lekin aj samajhta hoon..(You remember khushi we had met like this for the first time...that day I didn't understand my heartbeat but today I do..) 

Khushi recalled how she had fallen in his arms. She then looked at arnav. Her hands were on his cheek and she was lost in him trying to compare their first meet and this one. 

Arnav asked softly: kya hua ..kaha kho gayi... (What happened..where are you lost?)Khushi still had a blank expression. He then teased her: by the way.. main abhi abhi hospital se aaya hoon..thodi der aur aise hi khara raha to wapas wohi jana parega..(By the way....I have just come back from the hospital..if I stand like this for sometime more..I have to go back) 

He chuckled and khushi was embarrassed to the core. 

Arnav: but I don't mind... 

She quickly got down and said:aa..aap jaakey kapdey badal lijiye aur hum tab tak khana..
She nervously went out of the room with a throbbing heart while arnav had good fun seeing her like that. 

Khushi went out and muttered: yeh laad governor bhi na...kuch zyada hi bol rahe hai..arey hamari bolti bandh kar di..khushi kumari gupta ki..kuch karna parega inka...aur devi maaiya aap bhi na..firse hamari dhadkan... She complained(this laad governor..he is talking too much..and he is shutting me up..shutting khushi kumari gupta..I have to do something...and devi maaiya you again started..my heartbeat) 

What she didn't notice was arnav stood right behind her and heard everything. 

She shivered at the voice: kuch kaha tumne?(Did you say something) 

Khushi turned and said: ne...nehi to..(No..no..) 

But she was standing at the edge of the stairs, as she turned she lost balance and was about to fall. Arnav held her hand. Khushi closed her eyes for a fraction of second thinking she would fall. But when she opened her eyes, she saw arnav standing and holding her hand. It reminded her of the time when she was about to fall from the first floor and arnav first caught and left her hand.
Khushi looked at arnav with uncertainity and fear in her eyes as he smirked at her. 

Khushi: aa..aap humey...(Will you..) 

Arnav: chhor du??(Leave you??) 

Khushi: kya?? Aap humey yahaan se girne denge??(What?? Will you let me fall??) 

Arnav: yes.. 

Khushi looked worried: dekhiye aap aisa nehi kar saktey...(You can't do this..) 

Arnav: yeh tum kahey rahi ho?? You know I can do it..(You are saying so? You know I can do it..)
Khushi got annoyed and said: haan kaise bhul saktey hai ki aap arnav singh raizada hai aur aap kuch bhi kar saktey hai...(Yes how can I forget that you are arnav singh raizada and you can do anything..) 

Arnav smirked and said: that's right...but on second thought main tumhe bacha sakta hoon...lekin ek shart pe..( that's right...but on second thought..I can save you..but on one condition) 

Khushi: kaunsi shart??(What condition?) 

Arnav: shart yeh hai ki tumhe mujhe isi waqt woh kehena hoga jo main sunna chahta hoon..(Condition is that..you have to say all that I want hear..) 

Khushi made a face and said: kya sunna chahtey hai aap? What the??(What do you want to hear? What the??) 

Arnav chuckled looking at her angry face and said in a soft romantic voice: funny khushi....main tumse wohi sunna chahta hoon jo maine tumse kaha hai.....I love you.... Common say...(I want to hear what I had said to you...I love you...common say) 

Khushi opened her mouth in awe and looked behind once to see her free fall and then said: aisi halat mein aisi baat sirf aap kar saktey hai...(Only you can talk like this in such a situation) 

Arnav: say khushi varna tum janti ho...(Say khushi or else you know) 

Khushi got even more annoyed and said: nehi kahenge..kabhi nehi kahenge..chhor dijiye hamara hath..(No I will not say..never..leave my hand) 

Arnav shrugged his shoulder and said: ohkay then.. 

Arnav left her hand a little but then instantly pulled her with greater force so that she was right in his arms. Khushi for a second thought she was having a free fall but then soon realised she was in his arms. Arnav whispered in her ears: kahogi...tum mujhse aapni dil ki baat zarur kahogi..(You will say..you will say that to me) 

Khushi pushed him aside and said: nehi kahenge...(No I will not) 

Arnav crossed his arms and said: dekhtey hai..(Let's see) 

Khushi: haan haan zarur dekh lijiyega..lekin aapne sapno mein (yes yes definitely see..but in your dreams) 

She turned and went away saying: laad governor kahike...(Laad governor..) 

Arnav stood there with a smile.

Baatein kuch unkahee siजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें