▪️13

Almost thirteen hours had passed since Jisung had been in a state of unconsciousness and the silence became unbearable

Haewon sighed and tossed over once more before sitting up, raking a hand through her hair and sliding up off the bed, her feet pattering against the carpeted ground.

There was a sight frown on her face from the loss of contact but she decided she needed air, grabbing her robe and making her way out of the confinements of her room.

Upon her arrival, her parents and sister were in the living room, the fireplace lit and the scent of cookies baking sent her into a state of nostalgia.
"Hey Sweetheart, are you feeling better?" Her Mother asked concerned and Haewon tiredly nodded, walking over and sitting besides her.

Her Mother smiled and brought Haewon closer, the girl cuddling into her Mother.
"What will happen when he wakes up?" Haewon asked worried, worried he would still not accept her.

"He can't live without you Haewon, I think he's realised it now."
"That doesn't change he's the youngest Mafia leader."

The room fell into a silence and Haewon's Mother shifted awkwardly.
"I am very angry at the fact he is..." She began but sighed. "But he's your soulmate and I can't do anything to change it."

"If your life didn't rely on him, I would tell you to stay away." Her Father added but shook his head. "He's so young, why is he ruining his life?"

Haewon shrugged and sighed frustrated.
"If he doesn't accept me-"
"He will." Minsun said defiantly.
Haewon sighed and shook her head.
"I don't know."

"I didn't want your Father at first you know, I hated him."
Haewon raised her eyebrows and looked up at her Mum.
"I know." Her Mum laughed. "I wanted nothing to do with him, I had a boyfriend and from what I knew I was happy with him..."

"But soulmates are meant to be for a reason and i was an idiot to think otherwise. You aren't just two random people put together, every part of you is made to fit with his. Your emotional connection is so deep and strong, that moment you realise you're in love with him, it feels like nothing can hurt you."

▪️

The sound of creaking from upstairs made Haewon jolt up from her position on the sofa, standing up and knowing he was awake.

The sound of his footsteps ran down the stairs, Haewon walked over to the door and was met with his stoic face as he pulled on his shoes.

"Are you feeling better?" Haewon asked, her soft and caring voice filtered through the room and Jisung clenched his jaw at the undeniable pull he was feeling towards her, doing everything he could in his power to resist.

"You're finally awake, you should stay for dinner." Haewon's Mother said, her eyes scanning the boy disapprovingly.
Jisung was well aware of their eyes and shook his head, pulling his arms into his jacket.

"I should go." He said, his voice deeper than usual, hoarse. He cleared his throat and bowed down slightly before walking over to the door and stepping out of the house.

Haewon's breath hitched at the sight of him leaving and she walked forward on instinct, her hand latching onto his arm.

Jisung's head turned towards her, dark eyes looking down at the girl with an unreadable emotion.

"You're leaving just like that?"

There was a moment silence, tension growing and his eyes flickered from her upset face, big eyes that pooled with tears and to her family who watched them.

"I have things to do." He said curtly, turning around and as he did so, the grip on his arm loosened until they lost contact and he left.

" He said curtly, turning around and as he did so, the grip on his arm loosened until they lost contact and he left

Well then