Where is Rin?

Yukio's POV

I feel big hands on both my shoulders eagerly shaking me awake.

"I'm up! I'm up..." I look around inquisitively. One, two, three...

My eyes squint in dissatisfaction. "Where's Rin?" I ask.

Bon is standing above me, his warmth still lingering on my shoulder. As he spoke, his voice sounded hoarse like he had been crying. His eyes were red and puffy, and his whole body was shivering. He spoke fast but low. "Just... look."

He holds a piece of paper that looks like it was ripped out of a notebook in front of me. I took it from his hands into mine.

Dear Yukio,

I'm sorry. Last night was so awesome, and I was so happy. But I know that it won't last. I always find a way to fuck it up in one way or another. Everything I touch falls apart.
You were the best brother anyone could possibly ask for. You have stood by my side and made me feel like I'm not alone. I feel so bad for doing this to you, but it has to be done.
I will finally be gone. None of you will have to deal with me anymore. You won't have to deal with my powers possibly going berserk. You won't have to be constantly looking over your shoulder. You can live again.
Don't come for me. It will be too late anyway.

Lots of love,
Rin

My heart sank into the very depths of my stomach. My heart rate quickly rose as all of the blood rushes to my head at unimaginable speeds.

What is he planning on doing?

"Think, Okumura. Think..." I say out loud to myself.

Shins says, "Uh you alright dude?"

Bon quickly shushes him. He knows how I get when I try to think.

I voiced my thoughts. "Okay, what is he planning? For one, how has he been acting lately? He's been withdrawn and secretive. Classic sign of depression. The other day when I saw... could that have been him cutting himself? If so, then this is way worse than we thought."

Bon tenses hard when I mention Rin's possible self harm. I can tell he feels guilty, but now is not the time for self pity. Rin could be in danger!

Then it hits me. "Suicide..." I quietly state. My eyes widen and I shoot up. I immediately start running through the forest back towards civilization.

"Sorry, Mr. Okumura, but WHY are we running??" Shins tries to catch up, his chest heaving up and down, but to no avail. He continuously falls behind me.

"I think I know what he's doing!!"

"Could you give a bit more than that?" Bon frustratedly questions me.

I growl. "I'm getting to that! I think he's planning suicide! We HAVE to stop him!" I pause, slowing down to a jog. "I can't lose him too..."

Hey guys! I know I say this a lot, but sorry for the short chapter. I'm going through a time rn so I found that writing helps distract me.

I just wanted to thank all of you for the overwhelming support. I know how frustrating it can be when a creator goes on hiatus, but you guys supported me nonetheless. Thank you so much. I'm not promising anything, but I will try to pump out a 1000 work chapter next.

-Leo-