Arc One Ch. 28

Finishing breakfast in an unhurried manner Mina smiled sweetly towards Audrey who gave a timid nod before looking towards her aunt. "Aunt, do you suppose it would be alright if Mina were to accompany me for training this week?" She asked in a persuading manner.

Being in such a pleasant mood she took in the youngest of her brother's girls. "Mina was to be helping out with the children this week...though I did hear Doran wanted to work with the pups. I will let Elena know he can have your spot." This shocked Audrey who'd become used to failing to persuade her aunt without Mina's help.

Arriving at the training area Mina smiled smugly at seeing the young female wolves that were no doubt surrounding the Blue Valley pack members who were currently in the middle of their training. Holding a new found confidence Mina approached group of vicious females and with ease forced them to move aside. Even with the alluring sight not one female wished to deal with the repercussions of angering Mina as she had already made an example out of a few already.

Getting through the crowd Mina expected for Marcus to be in his usual spot meditating around this hour in the morning. Many Blue Valley pack members could be seen on how to handle more dangerous situations that happened regularly enough that it needed a class. Yet the figure she'd been anticipating on catching view of couldn't be found amongst their numbers.

Giving a huff she walked over towards Audrey who was currently attending an advanced class for breathing techniques. Unable to leave the training area she sat down next to Audrey who had her eyes closed and was doing as the teacher instructed. Having a solid foundation in her breathing Mina quickly caught onto what the breathing was helping, where once irritation could be felt a calm had come over her being and helped in settling the wolf that felt just as annoyed by missing out on seeing the male she was interested in pursuing for the first time.

Finished with breath training Mina pulled Audrey to the side with a frown as she was still feeling annoyed. "Didn't you say that all this week Marcus would be training as well!" Her voice got a bit higher in pitch.

Audrey gave an uncomfortable laugh as she scratched the side of her jaw. "That is what Aaron told me, he was actually quite happy and bragging about being the dream team." She said in a hope that Mina would understand.

With a pair of narrowed eyes Mina just looked at Audrey for a moment, feeling the penetrating gaze she didn't squirm under the pressure. "Alright I believe your telling me the whole truth and didn't know this would happen. Go and find out if his friend knew or is just as surprised as you."

Not missing a beat Audrey quickly agreed by nodding and running off towards Aaron.

Wiping the gathered sweat from his brow Aaron couldn't help giving a look of respect to the grouchy old trainer. Though much of the material he was going over was things that were also taught in the Blue Valley pack it wasn't as comparable to the obvious source. Certain things he had questioned previously about why actions were taken this way or done in an order that at first glance seemed questionable and dangerous made sense.

His good mood only got better when catching sight of Audrey a rare female that didn't end up drooling over the sight of Marcus. Even the older aunties who were happily mated would still treat him differently compared to the rest of them let alone the slightly older female wolves who weren't tied down to a single male.

The curl of his lips faltered seeing how unwell she appeared to be as she got closer. Seeing the way she forced a smile onto her unnaturally pale face had him deeply worried.

"Are you alright Audrey?" He asked gently placing a hand onto her shoulders.

She glanced over her shoulder at someone he couldn't see and felt the shiver before she finally lifted up her troubled gaze. "Hmm...well enough, I just need to ask you something..." He could see the inner conflicted in her eyes before she bowed her head down appearing visibly upset. "...about Marcus." The way she spoke the name was like speaking a curse and yet it didn't seem to matter in the moment.

"Have you been using me?" He wasn't dense and didn't plan on playing along growing tired of being used by woman just to get closer to Marcus before dumping him.

Audrey bit her bottom lip as the urge to speak the truth sat on the tip of her tongue. Lifting her head up and gave him a sad smile. "Please..." The word came out so small and lonesome.

"What do you want to know?" His tone now distant while hiding his disappointment.

"You mentioned being happy about having the same schedule as Marcus but..." She trailed off while lowering her head again.

Aaron laughed a bit hearing this question. "He ran off this morning look for the girl he has been obsessing over since arriving, so you're a bit late to try confessing your feelings." He said while noticing the slight shaking got worse.

"D-do you perhaps know who he is interested in?" Her voice cracked as she brought her gaze back up to meet his appearing scared rather than upset or disappointed.

He took a moment to really think about the answer finding this whole situation unlike what he first thought it to be. "I don't think she is a Pine Wood pack member, he mentioned something about being surprised by her white hair."

Audrey's eyes grew wide with terror understanding how badly of mistake she had made. "Oh no, this isn't good, this isn't good at all she's going to skin me alive or worse...oh Moon Goddess I am dead." She muttered feeling her head grow light as her breathing increased.

"Audrey...Audrey can you hear me?" That was the last thing she could remember before fainting.

Not expecting such an exaggerated reaction from his answer Aaron panicked and tried to call out to her but she either ignored him or couldn't hear him before she finally went limp.

Zachary went over the growing wounded reports since the arrival the Blue Valley pack members and frowned. The dangers presented by the surrounding woodland being enough that having everyone in top condition was a comforting thought making him confused as to why the new group had to be so rough during simple training to the point of sending them to him with broken bones that needed to be reset.

Glancing up from his paper work to find his student Dale looking for him. "Sir it's one of the Pine's and is here demanding you come take a proper look at a patient that just came in."

Putting his things away he got up and went to take a look finding Mina standing outside of the door waiting for him impatiently. "Healer Zachary can you please hurry up and look after my dear cousin she suddenly passed out after talking with this Blue Valley brut!" She said pointing toward Aaron who had carried Audrey all the way over in a panic.

"Mm...." He hummed before walking passed the girl having enough experience dealing with the Pine family elders that she didn't intimate him in the slightest.