44 | first date

happy new year angels💜 got another double for you

Elena's POV

Me: it's okay... I want to be with you too

Seeing that Jungkook didn't send me an instant reply, I take it that he's busy being happy over my out-of-the-blue confession, so I decide to send him a last text as I pay the cab driver. When I get off the cab, I start typing.

Me: now hurry your ass to the door. I'm hungry

I press send to the message as I climb the marble stairs of the Jeon's massive property when suddenly this complex feeling of dimunitiveness overwhelms me as I shashay all the way up to the doorstep. I hate to admit it, but I do feel kind of insecure whenever I'm around people that come from afluent backgrounds. It's not that I'm envious of their lives or jealous of the fact that I have never experienced a life of luxury and confort. I just can't help feeling so small and puny in front of successful individuals. Then again, Jungkook's family has been involved in the Filmaking industry for several decades and they probably had to start from scratch in order to get in this valuable position they're currently in. And who knows maybe I'll get the chance to succeed if I continue to work hard towards my goal, because I don't have any sort of backup or support.

Jungkook, on the other hand is lucky, since his father is at the peak of his career and coincidentally enough he has similar interests with him. Basically, Jungkook has his entire life planned out for him as he's probably going to take over his father's company, Big Hit along with the chain of other smaller companies in the package. Also, Jungkook is one of the top students in uni and is extremely hardworking and headstrong, so it makes sense that his father will pass down his success to his own son. Unless, Mr Jeon decides to split it among his biological son and Jungkook's step siblings.

I clutch the desert bag in my hand and lightly shake my head to clear out these invading thoughts. I figured that it would only be appropriate if I brought dessert because Jungkook is going through all this trouble to prepare dinner for our date. In other circumstances, in which I would be a little more organized, I would make the sweet treat, but considering the fact that a cheesecake needs at least two to three hours to freeze in the fridge I thought it would be better if I simply purchase one. I had plenty of ingredients to make a simple cake, but I was afraid that would come off as cheap.

And Jungkook is filthy rich.

I ring the bell and wait for a while when the door opens abruptly, only to reveal a smiley Jungkook on the other side. He looks so handsome in his white shirt and simple black jeans. Worn out Timberlands accentuate his long legs while his figure somehow looks thin and so muscular at the same time-it's a wonder how he manages to look so masculine with his strong build yet he holds this boyish charm with his lean figure. He quite literally looks like a man-child with his round face, yet knife sharp jawline, his big round eyes that shoot intense glares that see deep in your soul as they dig up all of secrets, his thick eyebrows that aren't very prominent. Tiny crincles appear at the side of his soft but sharp eyes while dimples form near the corners of his lips. A bunny like smile is practically shining on his beautiful face and I find myself melting at the luminous sight. I think this is the first time I've seen him smile, all teeth, cheeks and dimples. I notice how his nose widens when he smiles. It's like all of his facial muscles work together to portray this sort of gleeful emotion. So fucking adorable.

"Hey," he says, his voice sounding so gentle and soft like a lullaby.

I'm still starstruck by the angelic expression his expression is holding. It's so beautiful and I take a moment to save a mental picture of his smile in my mind.