Chapter Twelve

"Aren't you excited, Lauren?" Nurse Jackson questioned as she assisted Normani in packing up my final items. "You finally get to get out of this dump."

"You get to sing onstage again!" Normani smiled in obvious attempt to cheer me up. She plopped herself down besides me on my hospital bed, nudging me slightly. "Are you okay?"

"I have a headache, maybe I should stay," I mumbled.

"Is this about Ms. Cabello getting out today too?" Nurse Jackson sighed before shutting my luggage to a complete close. "Lauren, you were treated successfully a few weeks ago. You just needed proper rest, more than Ms. Cabello did."

"How is that even fucking possible? She was hit by a thousand pound piece of metal, and all I did was bang my head on the floor!" I complained as I reached up towards the side of my head and feeling the jagged line between my newly grown strands of hair. "And what's even worse, is that I have to keep coming here for stupid check-ups."

"Camila has to do that too, Lauren," Normani admitted. "It's not just you, alright? You both had accidents, just get over them."

"That's the thing, Mani, I can't," I blinked my eyes shut and slid my hands to the front of my head, starting to move my fingers in a massaging motion. "Shit."

Normani turned towards Nurse Jackson, "Let's get her out of here and into the car before she has another one."

I felt two tight grips squeeze against my shoulders as they lead me out and through the maze of passages. Everything was extremely hard to see, but I didn't panic; this had happen many times before. Panic attacks were a daily routine for me now, and Normani was the only person besides myself who knew when they were coming. The women escorted me out of the facility and into our assigned car in just the knick of time, because as Normani settled my down, I flickered out like a light switch.

*

When my eyes finally decided to flutter back open, two completely different shadows blinked into my view; one small and the other rather big. 

"Good morning, Lo-Lo," Dinah's voice cooed.

"Shush, Dinah!" Ally ordered. "She may still feel a bit lightheaded and out of it, at least that's what Mani said."

"Mani? Where's Normani?" I managed to ask in a hoarse tone. "She was with me in the car."

"Add a mental check for 'No Brain Damage', Allyson," Dinah smirked in a joking matter, which lead Ally to slap her arm roughly. 

As Dinah held onto her arm in fake pain, Ally grinned and made eye contact with me, "She's on Camila watch."

"Camila watch? What the hell is that?"

"In simpler terms," Dinah coughed. "Normani is watching Camila, and we are watching you."

"I don't need to be watched," I hissed as I adjusted myself to sit up completely as admire where I was. I identified the location to be a hotel room because of the familiar decor. After a few more seconds of silence, I lowered my harsh tone, "How is she?"

"Normani? She's fine-"

"She means Mila, Dinah," Ally groaned. A light smile flashed upon my face at their little bickering; Ally took this into notice and returned the action by continuing, "Camila is doing just fine. Last time we saw her she was just napping."

"Oh," I simply reply. 

"Yeah, oh," Dinah quickly responded before getting up. "Look, I'm starving my ass off. We're going to go grab something eat, want anything?"

"We are?" Ally furrowed her eyebrows at Dinah.

Dinah grasped Ally's wrist and tugged her along, "Lauren seems alright, as long as she just stays in here until we get back. Got it, Laur?"