{CHAPTER 1}

°

°

THE NIGHT IS STILL YOUNG WHEN RHAENYRA ENTERED HOBBITON AFTER MAKING SURE DROGON WOULD STAY IN HIS LAIR. A small group of hobbit children, no more than four, were still out playing, screaming and chasing eachother, running around and laughing. When Rhaenyra was spotted by them, they all collectively screamed in joy, forgetting the game they had been playing in order to properly greet her. A broad smile found its way onto her lips as Rhaenyra knelt down on the ground and greeted the children with open arms and a warm hug, though she was careful in doing so in order for them to not accidentally hurt themselves on the quiver of arrows and the bow she had slung over her back. 

"Did you go meet the elves, Rhaenyra? Did you meet Glorfindel again?" One of the small girls asked her, eyes wide open and sparkling in curiosity.

"I did meet the elves of Rivendell again, Glorfindel was there," Rhaenyra told them, a kind smile on her face as she remembered flying on Drogon with Glorfindel, "I have many other friends in Rivendell I was there to visit."

One of the young boys tugged on the dark fabric of her robes, catching her attention, "Do you have any stories you can tell?"

Rhaenyra had a strong desire to stay with the hobbit children and tell them about all the fun she had in Rivendell this time around, especially the stories containing mentions of Glorfindel which they seemed to enjoy, stories about his legendary deeds reaching even the Shire. But Rhaenyra currently had a basket full of fruits and vegetables she had picked up for Bilbo at the market.

"Perhaps another time, sweet children." Rhaenyra stroke some curly hair out of his face, giving them all a warm smile before parting ways.

Once Rhaenyra turned down a cobbled street she waved at an old, yet kind hobbit who was out late smoking his pipe, walking down Bagshot Row with a skip in her step and a smile on her face. At the end of the street was her final destination and Rhaenyra chuckled when she noticed the light coming from inside and along with it loud and rowdy voices. The dwarves and Gandalf had most likely already arrived and given Bilbo a headache.

On the round, green door Rhaenyra spotted a small mark Gandalf often used, glowing in a faint turquoise light. Rhaenyra mentally prepared herself to face the dwarves and hopefully help ease Bilbo's stressed mind before carefully knocking on the door.

It was humorous how everyone inside fell silent straight away after Rhaenyra had knocked on the door and after a moment Bilbo opened it, muttering and cursing about wizards and dwarves ruining his kitchen, but when he saw that it was infact Rhaenyra standing at his door with a basket of food, his mood significantly improved and his face lit up.

Bilbo quickly ushered Rhaenyra inside, gratefully taking the basket from her, hiding it underneath a chair before throwing a blanket over it to fully conceal it, "These dwarves have practically emptied out my pantry, not even a crumb of bread left!" Bilbo told her with a strained smile, taking Rhaenyra's bow and quiver from her and carefully placed them against the wall.